The California Republican Assembly has come under attack this week for CoveringHealthCareCA.com, which critics claim is a “deceptive” website meant to dissuade Californians from signing up on the state health care exchange.
REMEMBER! Jesus would be obsessed with which greeting people used for His birthday — not helping the poor. – LOLGOP
The World is a Safer Place Without Saddam
- Biden seeks to calm China air zone tensions
- NATO seeks clarity on troops in Afghanistan
- Hezbollah Accuses Israel of Killing Commander in Beirut
- Pentagon says halts ground shipments out of Afghanistan via Pakistan
- Guantánamo ends daily hunger-strike reports
- Survey: Corruption grows in Mideast hot spots
- ‘Dangerous’ radioactive material stolen in Mexico truck: IAEA
- British major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
The Faux War Continues
Jon Stewart took on Fox News’ favorite holiday topic Tuesday night: the War on Christmas™. He mocked the network’s “world of pure fear and despair,” and singled out Sarah Palin and Bill O’Reilly in particular for their zeal and commitment to fighting a war that isn’t actually happening.
REMINDER: Republicans are as sure Obamacare will fail as they were the Iraq War would succeed.- LOLGOP
Kennedy’s time was the time of “Ask not what your country can do for you.” Reagan’s was the time of “Greed is good.”- Bill Maher
- Climate change-denying Texas Rep. to lead House meeting on extraterrestrials
- Dick Cheney Was ‘Surprised’ By ‘Attack’ On Liz Cheney Over Anti-Gay Marriage …
- Gov. Walker Urges Parents to Skip Toys and Send the Christmas Money to Him
- House Passes Ban On Plastic Guns
Nice to see certain GOP members take a break from worrying about the Latino vote to smear the 1st Latin American Pope.- John Fugelsang
The Far Right Issues Its ‘War On Christmas’ Enemies List
The pretend ‘War on Christmas‘ is even more contentious than usual this year.
As Rush Limbaugh was busy lecturing the Pope on the true meaning of Christianity, the National Republican Congressional Committee decided to remove a shirt that mocked liberals for saying “Happy Holidays,” after being reminded — possibly by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) — that not everyone in America is Christian. And Sarah Palin’s screed on the sanctity of Christmas was outsold online on Black Friday by comic Rob Delaney’s intentionally funny new book.
President Obama has to admit that he picked the President Medal of Freedom winners just to piss off Republicans. “Hey, you won’t shut up about Obamacare and Benghazi? [slide of Obama with former President Clinton] Fine, here’s a medal for ‘President Blowjob.’” [slide of Tam O’Shaugnessy, partner of late astronaut Sally Ride] Here’s one for a lesbian, [slide of Gloria Steinem] For a “femi-nazi.” [slide of Mario Molina] For a global warming scientist.
[slide of Oprah] Oh, and, yes, Oprah.
“So, keep it up and I’ll name an airport after Jeremiah Wright.” [faux slide of Wright airport] – Bill Maher
Rock the Voter News
Just When You Thought The Religious Right Couldn’t Get Crazier…They Think Jesus Spoke Obama’s Name!
A birther minister who gained Internet notoriety for his claim that the Bible foretold Barack Obama as the anti-Christ says he doesn’t deserve the mockery.
Carl Gallups advanced the theory, based on Aramaic translations of biblical texts, that Jesus spoke the current president’s name when he prophesized in Luke 10:18 that he “saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.”
“Why do we have to incentivize oil companies with development and research, billions of dollars? But, then you say to that mother with a child, ‘You can’t get food stamps, because we want to drug test you.’” – Wendell Pierce
President Obama to Congressional Republicans: “You owe it to the American people to tell us what you are for, not just what you’re against.”
I Bet Valerie Plame Wilson Enjoyed Taking This Swipe
Former CIA covert operations officer Valerie Plame Wilson, whose identity was revealed during a 2003 scandal regarding intelligence-gathering prior to the Iraq war, took a swipe Wednesday at a group backing GOP Senate candidate Liz Cheney.
- Iraq says can export extra 1 million bpd next year
- Big Banks Fined $2.3B Over Illegal Libor Cartels, More Fines On The Way
- Biggest rise in new US home sales in 33 years
- Student Debt Load Varies Greatly by College and Region
Republicans point out that the president is now relatively rich. Don’t point out that he signed a law that raised his own taxes.- LOLGOP
Those “Thinking People” Send Warning to the World
The long, slow process of climate change may trigger “surprise” shifts that could threaten human communities in years or decades, researchers from the National Academy of Sciences warned Tuesday.
It’s important to randomly act bored and indifferent towards your cats so they understand how that feels.- John Fugelsang
Correos de Villarreal
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
NOTICE: US Postage cost to Costa Rica is $1.10 for a regular size envelope, unless you stuff it with more than 10 $100 bills! Then you must pay extra.
Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- A birth control pill for men
- Human DNA decoded from ancient thigh bone
- NASA’s Hubble Telescope Finds Signs of Water on Five Alien Planets
- Captive girl told police: “I haven’t seen anyone in two years”
- Man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic
- Bob Dylan charged in France over Croatia remarks
- How about a little George W. Bush for the Christmas tree?
- Ghost hunters in Pa. are mistaken for burglars
Time to Deflate Photo