A group of top evangelical leaders is launching a new voter initiative in hopes of increasing turnout among Christian voters in next year’s midterm elections.
The American Renewal Project, an arm of the conservative American Family Association, is launching “Pastors and Pews,” which will offer policy briefings to church leaders and their congregations in hopes of encouraging Christians to become more politically active amid years of declining turnout among voters of faith.
The GOP. Our job is to run up the deficit when we’re in power and then cry about it when we’re not. – LOLGOP
The World is a Safer Place Without Saddam
- Syrian ballistic missiles killed 141 civilians last week: HRW
- Gaza Rocket Hits Israel for First Time Since November Operation
- Kerry Vows Not to Leave Syria Rebels ‘Dangling in the Wind’
- French children kidnapped in Cameroon ‘shown in video’
President Barack Obama is arguing that looming government-wide spending cuts could idle military resources like naval aircraft carriers, while Republicans are criticizing the president for taking his arguments outside Washington instead of staying to work out a plan before Friday’s deadline.
The president planned to appear Tuesday at Virginia’s largest industrial employer, Newport News Shipbuilding, which would be affected by cuts to naval spending. Obama warned Monday that if the so-called sequester goes into effect later this week, the company’s “workers will sit idle when they should be repairing ships, and a carrier sits idle when it should be deploying to the Persian Gulf.”
Love your site. Are you religious or agnostic? I can’t tell by some of the memes you post.
I’m neither. But I am spiritual and believe that Jesus and Muhammad walked the earth and that Mary Magdalene wasn’t a hooker because it is not in the Bible.
I was raised Catholic by wonderful Dominican nuns and to this day have great respect for their work in the church.
As many Americans, I am aghast at what the right wing Christians and Catholics have done, not only to this country, but to Christianity.
That is why I often post Christian based memes, cartoons, etc.
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- Civil and Human Rights Coalition Calls Republican VAWA Proposal “Nothing Less than Shameful”
- Top Senate Republican doubts damage from defense cuts
- Republican governors urge GOP to act on sequester
- House Republicans hit back on sequestration with Academy Award-themed video
- Ted Cruz sticks with McCarthyism claims
- Anti-War Republican Congressman Says Dick Cheney Will Rot in Hell
- Sheldon Adelson Sues Wall Street Journal Reporter For Libel
Why Do I Think Benghazi Will Be Brought Up In Conversation?
Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham will meet today with President Barack Obama to discuss efforts to revise U.S. immigration law, according to a White House official.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting hasn’t been publicly announced, said McCain of Arizona and Graham of South Carolina were the only senators invited to the meeting.
PREDICTION: The GOP will realize they’re getting creamed on the sequester argument by midday Thursday. – LOLGOP
Rock the Voter News
- White House: No price tag for Obama access
- Presidential electoral vote changes supported by delegates at Michigan …
- DOMA and the Supreme Court: The White House files to overturn anti-gay law
- Supreme Court Considers If Warrantless DNA Swab Violates Constitution
YeeHaw, Arkansas Thinks More Guns Will Solve Problems!
Faculty and staff members in Arkansas are one step closer to legally carrying concealed handguns on the state’s college campuses.
The Republican-controlled Arkansas state Senate voted 31 to 4 on Monday to allow colleges and universities to decide themselves whether to allow concealed weapons on their campuses.
Playing games with the VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN ACT is the savviest part of the GOP’s genius rebranding. – LOLGOP
- Pump prices level off after big surge; oil steady
- US stocks slide as Italy, sequestration hit
- Euro slides further as Italy vote rattles markets
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer causes uproar with telecommuting ban
- FDA expands approval of Bayer cancer drug
I’m completely convinced that the short-term deficit is as much a direct threat to the United States as Saddam Hussein was. – LOLGOP
Ancient Continent Found Under Indian Ocean
The remains of a micro-continent scientist call Mauritia might be preserved under huge amounts of ancient lava beneath the Indian Ocean, a new analysis of island sands in the area suggests.
Pope Benedict was nominated for an Academy Award. He’s going up against “Lincoln” for best big hat.- David Letterman
I hope you had a worthwhile visit today.
Offline donation: Lisa Casey – POBox 88 – Ashford, AL 36312
Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top British Cardinal Resigns, a Day After Charges of ‘Inappropriate Acts’
- Batman’s sidekick Robin to be killed in comic book
- Study says too many Americans still drink too much
- Lawyer visiting client forgotten for hours inside jail
- Sexting and bugging revealed at the FBI
Time to Deflate Photo
Photos capture underwater phenomenon
California photographer and conservationist Octavio Aburto has spent years photographing the school in Cabo Pulmo National Park, Mexico – and had been trying to capture this exact shot for three years. The fish, known as bigeye trevallies, gather by the thousands during courtship, according to Aburto, and form a massive spawning aggregation around the reefs of the park. “I’ve been trying to capture this image ever since I saw the behavior of these fish and witnessed the incredible tornado that they form during courtship. So, I guess you could say this image took almost three years to take.”