With President Barack Obama and Congress poised to clash over spending cuts and raising the $16.4 trillion federal debt limit, reaching a deal may be complicated by a North-South divide among Republicans made wider by the 2012 elections.
FREEDOM ALERT: There have been 695 gun deaths in the United States since the Newtown shooting less than a month ago. - LOLGOP
The World is a Safer Place Without Saddam
- Obama, Karzai meeting to discuss ending Afghan war
- Iraq threatens to seize oil shipments, sue dealers
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over Kashmir tensions
- China sends troops to border with conflict-torn Myanmar: media
- Japan sets defense budget rise amid islands dispute with China
- Palestinian leader rejects deal on Syria refugees
- Gunmen at large after hostage situation at LA store
Vice President Joe Biden butted heads with the powerful National Rifle Association on Thursday in his drive to reduce U.S. gun violence, drawing complaints from the lobby group that the White House is trying to limit constitutionally protected gun rights.
I used to want to be pro-life but then I realized I didn’t like guns, torture and war enough. – LOLGOP
- Republican Congressman tells women their place in the military
- Sandy Aid Runs Into Republican Demands for Spending Cuts
- Conservative House leader revives notion debt ceiling can be exceeded
- Paul Ryan ‘has decided not to decide’ if he will run for president
- Watch Mika Brzezinski Call Out Joe Scarborough for ‘Being Chauvinistic
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately, so do many apocalyptic, paranoid lunatics. - LOLGOP
Guns Good. Obamacare Bad. Shoot Em Up.
Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), a staunch opponent of the Affordable Care Act, suggested people “defy and or break the law and engage in civil disobedience” in response to Obamacare restrictions or new gun laws.
Rock the Voter News
- News Corp’s Fox leads Hollywood studios in Oscar nods
- Obama signs law giving himself, Bush lifetime Secret Service guard
- San Diego mayor orders end to city war on marijuana dispensaries
There’s a provision in the Constitution that covers hoarding weapons to wage war against the United States. It’s called treason. – LOLGOP
Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah has appointed women to a fifth of the seats in the Shura Council, which advises the government on new legislation, state media said on Friday.
The king said in 2011 that women would join the unelected 150-member body, which functions like a parliament but without formal powers. He did not then specify how many would serve.
“The White House announced that the theme for President Obama’s inauguration will be ‘Faith in America’s Future.’ Which is proof that no one in the White House has ever seen ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.’” –Jimmy Fallon
- Oil near $94 as China inflation picks up
- Honda cuts 800 jobs at Swindon as European car sales slump
- Toys R Us reports gloomy holiday sales
- Boeing Dreamliner hit by two more mishaps in Japan
Update on Secret Service Scandal
Two drug enforcement agents “facilitated a sexual encounter” between a prostitute and a Secret Service agent before an international summit in Colombia last April, NBC News reported on Thursday, citing a Justice Department investigation.
No rights in this country are as protected bearing arms, chauvinism and hostility to science. Yet these are the people who fear tyranny. – LOLGOP
Yes, Someone Is Out There in Cyberland.
I was beginning to worry.
Thank you David and Richard!
Offline donation: Lisa Casey – POBox 88 – Ashford, AL 36312
Email me @ email@example.com
- Locals say shifting sea ice frees trapped whales
- Large pet reptile found guarding Calif. pot stash
- Snake clings to plane wing on Australian flight
- Swiss court wipes slate clean on ancient farm debt
Time to Deflate Photo
Astronaut Pic from Space
Even from 400 km up you can sense the searing dryness of southern Saudi Arabia. (Photo by Chris Hadfield/Twitter).
Best Wishes for a Peaceful Weekend.