Republican U.S. lawmakers turned up the heat on Sunday on Susan Rice, saying the U.N. ambassador – seen as a possible nominee to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state – must testify before Congress
“It was announced today that former General Petraeus has agreed to testify before Congress. I guess he figured, ‘Why not?’ Those questions can’t be any tougher than the ones he’s getting at home right now.” –Jay Leno
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Tel Aviv saved by Iron Dome intercept
- Israeli air strike kills 11 civilians in Gaza: Hamas
- UN rights boss urges Hamas, Israel to step back from brink
- Obama warns against ‘ramping up’ in Gaza crisis
- Turkey has not yet requested NATO missiles: Dutch minister
- Afghan president: US violating detainee pact
- Gazans flee border areas, fearing Israeli ground invasion
- Coast Guard unit returns home from Guantanamo Bay assignment
- UK: European nations to debate Syria arms embargo
- In Cambodia, Panetta Touts Benefits of US Asia ‘Pivot’
- Obama: Historic Myanmar visit underscores progress
- Marine Corps forms new fighter jet squadron
- Petraeus biographer: devastated by affair fallout
More Oil Tension in the Middle East
Thousands of Jordanians have taken to the streets across the country to call for the ouster of their U.S.-backed monarch in the fourth day of unrest sparked by fuel price hikes that have threatened the stability of this Arab kingdom.
“According to a study, there are three areas where humans now are getting dumber. High school kids. Retirees. And another group of dumb people? Four-star generals.” –David Letterman
- At Republican governors’ gathering, plenty of blame for Romney
- Jindal: GOP should ’stop being the stupid party’
- Marco Rubio Makes Controversial Remark About ‘Poor People’
- Gingrich on Romney’s ‘gifts’ comments: ‘It’s nuts’
- On honeymoon in Vegas, Republican governors seek couples counseling with America
- GOP plots to prevent more Todd Akins
- Romney aide: Need more tax revenue
- Graham to Romney: ‘Stop digging’
- McCain: Send Bill Clinton to Mideast
- McCain to Rice: Say you were wrong
“People are disappointed. A four-star general, highly decorated, brilliant strategist, director of the CIA – and yet he’s behaving like your common congressman.” –Jay Leno
Republicans Stll Hating on the Poor
Sen. Marco Rubio said the way to turn around the nation’s struggling economy is not to raise taxes on the wealthiest individuals, but rather to make “poor people richer” as he visited this politically important state in a trip certain to stoke speculation about Rubio’s plans.
Rock the Voter News
“Folks, I’m no fan of ‘Sesame Street.’ They expose our children to dangerous liberal ideas like befriending the homeless, two men sleeping in the same bedroom and counting.” –Stephen Colbert
- Crude Rises a Second Day Amid Israel Crisis
- U.S. Budget Hopes Shore up Markets
- IMF urges permanent solution for Greece
- Spanish banks’ bad loans hit new high in September
- Lowe’s profit jumps 76% on lower costs
- Tyson earnings rise 91% , chicken rebounds
- Twinkies may find buyer, Hostess CEO says
- U.S. lawmakers say they’re confident they can avoid “fiscal cliff”
Walmart Anti-Union Results
As Wal-Mart workers prepare to stage a walkout on Black Friday, the world’s largest store is fighting back.
Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) has filed a complaint with a federal agency accusing one of the largest labor unions in the country of unlawfully organizing picket lines, in-store “flash mobs” and other demonstrations in the past six months.
“A woman in Arizona ran over her husband with her Jeep because she blamed him for Obama getting reelected. See, I don’t think the woman is being fair. If Obama hadn’t saved the auto industry, she wouldn’t have been able to run over her husband with an American-made car.” –Jay Leno
“Another big storm could hit the Northeast by Wednesday, preventing millions from visiting relatives for Thanksgiving. But there’s also a downside.” –Jimmy Fallon
Here we go again.
Sorry to spoil your day with yet ANOTHER fundraiser but my safety is at issue.
The state of Florida issued an arrest warrant saying that I illegally contacted my husband. He claims I contacted him last Dec and Jan. The only contact I had with my husband was through the courts here. My probation officer knew this back in January. The warrant also claims I did not pay a $50 fee, which I did.
This is why I am in Costa Rica, she will protect me.
Of the three courts my husband has me in here, I have won the first court case. He is in defiance of that court order and will face the consequences. The other cases should be decided soon.
So here I am back at square one. I feel like I have been re-arrested already. But this time, I will not be in that horrible jail in Broward County, with no bond as the warrant orders. I am safe at my lawyer’s family ranch far away from him in Junquillal and the state of Florida. And I hope to keep it that way with your help.
There is one thing I have on my side that he doesn’t…and that is the truth.
AHNC has literally kept me alive throughout this nightmare. You, my dear readers, have kept food on my table, you helped me fight cancer and helped me fight for my legal rights in two countries. Without your help, I don’t know where I would be. I proselytize before you.
I am putting the fundraiser at $5000 as that is the figure of the amount of money needed to modestly address my new legal costs here, example: I just spent $70 for a translator to inform my lawyer about the arrest warrant and it’s effect on my cases here last week. And the new legal costs in Florida, to also address the warrant for my arrest and all the legal problems caused by that, including trying to get my $500 cash bail back from Florida which they messed up, too.
If I can’t raise this money, I don’t know what I’ll do. I’ll probably have to close AHNC at the end of the month, as it is too costly to operate with all these pending legal bills.
I am so tired of fighting him, fighting the cancer was easier and less expensive.
Thank you Farmer, Sally and Joseph.
- One in 20 youth has used steroids to bulk up: study
- Caffeinated Cracker Jacks concerns consumer group
- Fight over Calif nativity display in court
- San Francisco may ban public nudity (with exceptions, of course)
- Annual World’s Biggest Liar competition underway in England
- Art’s perfect theft: the ‘Ghent Altarpiece’
- Father, Son and Daughter Arrested in Bank Robberies
Time to Deflate Photo
Lasha Pataraia pulls an eight-ton truck with his ear during a test event in Rustavi outside Tbilisi November 14, 2012. The 32-year-old sportsman will attempt to break a record registered by the Guinness Book of World Records by the end of the month, according to organizers. Photo/David Mdzinarishvili