New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I) turned down an offer from President Obama to visit the storm-ravaged Big Apple, but he said Tuesday that his rejection wasn’t meant as an insult.
Bloomberg turns down a visit from the President? Geez, even New Orleans welcomed Bush. Bloomberg is too little for his britches.
The hurricane has interrupted the presidential campaign. Both presidential candidates are taking measures to prepare for Hurricane Sandy. President Obama is staying in Washington to coordinate relief efforts. And Mitt Romney is moving his smaller homes into his larger home.- Conan
- Taliban Hits Region Seen as ‘Safest’ for Afghans
- Iraq Violence Surges Amid Corruption, US Report Finds
- Syria activists say warplanes hit Damascus suburbs
- an warships leave Sudan after four-day stay
- Sandy May Have Uncovered An Old 500-Pound Bomb At The Guantanamo …
- Disarray, millions without power in Sandy’s wake
- Guard evacuating people, taking in food to NJ city
The President Being the President
President Barack Obama, locked in a fierce re-election bid, is emphasizing his incumbent’s role for a third straight day, skipping battleground states to visit victims of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey, a state he’s confident of winning. The president’s actions have forced his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, to walk a careful line and make tough choices.
President Obama now has a 52-point lead with Hispanics. However, Mitt Romney has a 90-point lead with the people who hire Hispanics.- Conan
- For Romney, campaigning resumes
- Gingrich raising cash, profile for Akin Senate bid
- Romney turns rally into a ‘storm relief event’
- Scott Brown Backs Out of Final Debate With Elizabeth Warren
- Maine Democrats say Republican poll-watchers aim to intimidate voters
- Is GOP House campaign manager source of storm hoax on Twitter?
Newsflash Christianistas: The US WAS NEVER A Christian Nation
The political arm of Focus on the Family, the Colorado-based social conservative organization founded by evangelical author and radio host James Dobson, is targeting Iowa voters with a mailing that quotes President Barack Obama as saying “we are no longer a Christian nation.”
Everybody’s mind is on Hurricane Sandy. The worse is over. Now people are discussing the cause. Sources say that it was partly caused by global warming. Meanwhile, Fox News said it was caused by two men kissing in Central Park. – Conan
Brownie Disses Obama’s FAST Hurricane Response. HUH?
…In an interview with Denver Westword, Brown said, “One thing [President Obama's] gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [Hurricane Sandy] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in … Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas? Why was this so quick? … At some point, somebody’s going to ask that question.”
- Obama en route to NJ; Navy sends carriers to help with Sandy …
- President Obama returns to campaign trail on Thursday
- Obama campaign confident it will win Michigan
- Obama Advisers Say Romney Momentum Is ‘Myth’
- How to Protect Your Sandy Insurance Claims
Hurricane Price Gouging is the American Way!
Four dollars for a can of coke. Five hundred dollars a night for a hotel in downtown Brooklyn. A pair of D-batteries for $6.99.
Doctors say it’s the best time to get the flu shot. This year there is the seal flu. It comes from seals to humans. If you’re inflected with the seal flu, you get the chills and an uncontrollable desire to balance balls on your nose.- Craig Ferguson
- Oil Rises as Storm Sandy Fades and Refineries Restart
- Eurozone unemployment hits record high 11.6%
- Stocks open mostly higher after Sandy
- Microsoft sued over Windows Live Tiles
Lame Steam TV Media To Get $40 million in Ad Revenue
The Barack Obama and Mitt Romney campaigns bought $40 million worth of commercials to run this week and into Election Day in key battleground states, according to a source tracking media buys, as spending records continue to be shattered.
The Giants swept the Tigers four straight to win the World Series. The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad, he had a nine-iron through the back window of his Escalade.- Jay Leno
Legal Defense and Food Fund
I am barely hanging on. PLEASE lend a hand if you email@example.com Thanks you James AND Farmer, again!
- Police: Gene Hackman slaps homeless man in NM
- Chinese think tank urges end to one-child policy
- Curiosity Mars rover finds soil similar to Hawaii’s
- Skeleton found when historic Conn. tree uprooted
- Prankster redeems 22-year-old Pizza Hut coupon
Time To Deflate Photo
Winning photos showcase microscopic world
Myrmica sp. (ant) carrying its larva captured using Reflected Light and Image Stacking Techniques at five times magnification. This image received ninth place. (Geir Drange)
Have a safe and peaceful Halloween all!