Vice President Joe Biden spent much of Thursday night’s vice presidential debate smiling – often incredulously – at the comments of rival Paul Ryan.
He wasn’t the only Democrat smiling.
I can’t believe that Ryan was so dumb to invoke JFK in the debate. What a Quayle brain.
This Biden guy is awesome! I hope he keeps that nice sleepy black guy on the ticket! – Bill Maher tweet on last night’s VP debate
- Iraq, Russia ink weapons deal
- Iraq al Qaeda says it masterminded jailbreak
- Taliban’s “Radio Mullah” sent hit squad after Pakistani schoolgirl
- With Turkey-Syria escalation, worries grow about a tip into war
- Germany urges end of visa-free EU travel for Serbs, Macedonians
- EU moves closer to substantial new Iran sanctions
By Don Davis
Ultra Patritoic Republican Congress Delaying Cyber Security
The U.S. military could act pre-emptively if it detects an imminent threat of cyber attack, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said on Thursday, urging stronger action to bolster America’s defenses against such plots…He said a presidential executive order was being considered “while we wait for Congress to act.”
“Here comes the vice-presidential debate. My favorite part of a debate is when a candidate will tell a heartfelt anecdote about a struggling American who lives in a swing state.” –David Letterman
By Don Davis
One Prize the US Won’t Be Winning Anytime Soon
The European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize for fostering peace on a continent ravaged by war, yet the Norwegian prize jury warned Friday that the financial crisis challenging the bloc’s unity could lead to a return to “extremism and nationalism.”
- Sarah Palin: Martha Raddatz let Joe Biden run wild
- Sarah Palin Calls Associated Press ‘Absolute Jerks’ Over Mitt Romney Photo …
- Romney offers clue on coverage for preexisting conditions
- Poll: Romney leads Obama in Florida by 7 points
- VP Candidate Ryan Looks “Overseas” to Canada for Tax Lessons
- DeLay’s Victories Endure, Even if He Loses in Court
“Today the Secret Service caught a woman trying to sneak into the White House with a mysterious package. Turns out it was just Ann Romney with some carpet samples.” –Jay Leno
Romney Would Never Politicize Dead Americans : US Was “Attacked Successfully” in Libya
Republican candidate Mitt Romney said Thursday the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya is an issue in the presidential campaign in part because Americans wonder why it took the Obama administration so long to acknowledge it was a terrorist act.
Mitt Romney is refusing to participate in the long-running special on Nickelodeon called “Kids Pick the President.” Romney said it’s nothing personal; he just says that these kids are part of that 47 percent who contribute nothing to the country and mooch off their parents and grandparents. – Jay Leno
- Love or hate him, Joe dominates the conversation the day after
- Vice presidential debate unlikely to budge Ohio voters
- The new U.S. visa rush: Build a charter school, get a green card
- Meningitis outbreak widens amid demands for criminal probe
“You know Obama’s campaign is in trouble when they’re looking to Joe Biden to turn things around.” –David Letterman
If Democrats Did This Fox News Would Be Calling For Impeachment of Obama AND Biden AND Bo the Dog, Too
When House Republicans called a hearing in the middle of their long recess, you knew it would be something big, and indeed it was: They accidentally blew the CIA’s cover.
- Soaring gas costs push up wholesale prices 1.1%
- Glance comparing EU to United States
- John McCain Slams Ben Bernanke, Jamie Dimon
- Wholesale Prices Jump 1.1% in September
- Report: Apple may unveil iPad mini this month
- Security threat? China lashes out at US report on telecom firm Huawei
- American Airlines Extends Flight Cuts Into Nov.
- Kingfisher Airlines Cancels Flights Until Oct. 20
Attention GOP: More Cyber Security Needed
The “Shamoon” virus that attacked Saudi Arabia’s state oil company, ARAMCO, was probably the most destructive attack the business sector has seen to date, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said on Thursday….”More than 30,000 computers that it infected (at ARAMCO) were rendered useless, and had to be replaced,” he said.
Police were called to the home of Lindsay Lohan’s mother after an argument got physical. According to TMZ, Lindsay and her mom were at a club in New York until 4 a.m. Usually the only way you leave a club at 4 a.m. with your mom is because your mom drove to the club to drag you out of it. But in the Lohan family, the appletini doesn’t fall far from the tree. – Jimmy Kimmel
Subject: AHNC and you
You wrote:”Thank you for your fast reply. Sometimes it gets lonely here.” Somehow, I never come to grips with the fact that you really don’t have any solid back up in Costa Rica.
I think of you assembling work and dealing with your regular readers, but it is beyond my comprehension how you can produce AHNC without help, much less live with the day to day annoyances of your husband, transportation, housing, communications, passport, visas, and the internet.
I get upset when my lunch is late. I worry about the little go around with the Veterans Administration . That is about as close as I get to what you have been dealing with.
I know you will resolve problems but the starts and stops would send me into flaming rage daily.
Thank you so much for keeping AHNC going.
The few, the proud, the AHNC viewers.
Now, you made me cry. Thanks I needed it.
My solid backup here has been Costa Rica and my lawyers. Even though I have many friends that help, few speak fluent English.
Living in the US isn’t an option right now. 90% of my worldly belongings and records are here in Costa Rica. I have health care here, even though I haven’t been able to use it wrapped up in all these legal cases. My house in Alabama is rented and the house payments are being made, albeit late often by my hard working underpaid tenant.
AHNC is my solace. You and other viewers have expressed similar feelings. It is my connection to humanity. I should thank you Joe and all AHNC viewers for helping keep me alive through all my tragedies. AHNC is my only way of giving back to my viewers.
Your kind words are priceless.
Hugs to you, Joe.
Thank you, Jim and CWOffline donation: Lisa Casey – POBox 88 – Ashford, AL 36312 Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mystery giant eyeball on Fla. beach may be squid’s
- Lawyer is dog’s best friend in U.S. attack case
- Europe cocaine seizure means more bananas for zoo
- Machete-wielding man on bicycle crashes girl’s birthday party; steals beer
- Student returns check for a half-billion dollars
Time To Deflate Photo
A Kardashian Dream
This illustration shows the interior of the planet 55 Cancri e – an extremely hot planet with a surface of mostly graphite surrounding a thick layer of diamond, below which is a layer of silicon-based minerals and a molten iron core at the center. Illustration/Yale University