Last week’s presidential debate impacted the race more than most voters expected: after his lackluster performance, President Obama’s lead has shrunk and Mitt Romney’s campaign has been reinvigorated. So, Thursday night’s debate between vice president Joe Biden and Republican VP nominee Paul Ryan matters more than many debates between potential veeps past: While Biden has a chance to do damage control and stall the Romney-Ryan surge, Ryan will press for further gains.
Jon Stewart on PBS: “Fox News is upset that empty headed puppets are trying to brainwash and indoctrinate Americans. Perhaps they could sue them for copyright infringement.”
- Gunmen kill U.S. embassy employee in Yemen
- Pakistani schoolgirl shot by Taliban moved to army HQ hospital
- Soldiers Claim Illness After Guarding KBR in Iraq
- Iraq wants Russians to replace Exxon at West Qurna: report
- Czech Republic, Iraq negotiate deal for sale of Czech-made planes to Iraqi army
- Russia says its arms not onboard plane seized by Turkey
Mitt Stops Using Dead Navy Seal
Mitt Romney’s campaign told ABC News it would stop citing the meeting with Glen Doherty.
The mother of Glen Doherty, a Navy SEAL who was one of four Americans killed in the Sept. 11 attack in Libya, told a Boston TV station that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney shouldn’t politicize her son’s death.
George Bush left a flaming pile of dog sh** on the White House steps…and now it’s gone, and Mitt Romney has a hell of a nerve running on the idea that “I’m going to fix the economy by restoring the policies of the party that destroyed it.” – Bill Maher
- Romney relies on shrinking pool of white male votes
- Romney has a Google problem
- Trump’s appeal to Yanks falls on deaf ears
- Sensing win, Republican kingmakers closing ranks behind Romney
- Cheney raises cash for GOP ahead of VP debate
- Wisconsin, a Republican Haven, Finds Itself Split
- Why Republicans are spending so much money to defeat Sherrod Brown
- Republican Rep. Scott DesJarlais pressed mistress to get an abortion, report says
There’s Still Milk Left In The Main Stream Media’s Tit?
Just in time for Thursday’s vice-presidential debate: “Our Sarah: Made in Alaska” a new book by Sarah Palin’s father and brother. Will we ever get enough of our lady of Wasilla? Apparently not.
Republicans, you know, they used to talk a lot about this thing called the stock market, and how it helped not just the rich, but middle class folks whose pensions and 401k’s depended on it. Well, now they never seem to mention the stock market. Perhaps because under President “Blackenstein,” the Dow has doubled. – Bill Maher
Woman Tells Police Being a Republican Should Keep Her Out of Jail
A diner at P.F. Chang’s China Bistro told police he was afraid the Council Bluffs woman might hurt one of the employees after they tried to eject her for her political rant.
“While the average American’s net worth has gone down in the last four years, the net worth of the average member of Congress has actually gone up. No wonder Congress isn’t motivated to do anything — they’re the only ones better off now than they were four years ago.” –Jay Leno
I Can’t Wait For The Dark Ages To Return
A U.S. congressman is attracting attention and criticism for an online video that shows him blasting evolution and the Big Bang theory as “lies from the pit of hell” in a recent speech at a church event in his home state of Georgia.
- Oil prices up amid escalating Turkey-Syria tension
- Euro Recovers After Slide on Spanish Rating Downgrade
- Drop in job openings signals limited US job growth
- Alaska Airlines to buy $5 bln in Boeing jets
- In meningitis scare, charges firm misled US regulators
- Costa Rica bans shark finning (finally)
- Low cost of import beer options in Costa Rica has local breweries upset
Greed Is So Good For This Billionaire
A Florida billionaire has told his employees he could be forced to lay off some of them if U.S. President Barack Obama wins a second term, calling his administration a threat to their jobs.
“I gotta say, if you’re cooking the books, 7.8 percent unemployment is a sh*tty recipe.” –Jon Stewart
I Didn’t Feel this Earthquake, I Saw It
An earthquake with preliminary magnitude-5.2 shook most of Costa Rica on Wednesday morning.
The National Seismological Network reported the temblor at 6:19 a.m. with an epicenter located 19 kilometers from Nicoya, in the province of Guanacaste, the same area hit by a magnitude-7.6 earthquake that shook the region Sept. 5.
I heard a loud bang and looked out my window yesterday, I saw a large dump truck passing by, thinking that is what caused the noise. I glanced down at my bistro table and noticed it was shaking and a dish was dancing on top of it for about 30 seconds. Nothing else was shaking just the table. I was mesmerized.
A few seconds later Lucy came by and made a motion of shaking and asked if I felt it. My cabina is raised off the ground on a 18 inch concrete pad and Lucy’s house is on a 6 inch concrete pad. The tremors felt in her house are much stronger than in my cabina.
It was over quickly at least.
Religion was invented by the rich so they poor wouldn’t murder them.
I needed those two days off. Humor has returned to AHNC.
I didn’t get my passport yet but I did get a lot of other things accomplished.
And no soap opera update. Drama free for awhile hopefully.
Thank you, Richard and Randall!Offline donation: Lisa Casey – POBox 88 – Ashford, AL 36312 Email me @ email@example.com
- NY police called to settle blowup between Lindsay Lohan, mother
- Minn. man found passed out on Wis. Capitol dome
- Jurassic Park ‘extremely unlikely’, scientists conclude
- Wendy’s pigtails get first touchup since 1983
- A diamond bigger than Earth?
- Colorado woman shot after wandering into couple’s home pleads guilty
- German teen sells mum’s jewels for brothel visit
Time To Deflate Photo
Acrobats ride a bicycle during a stunt performance 1000 meters (3300 feet) above the ground at Chaibuxi National Forest Park in Wufeng Tujia minority autonomous county, in central China’s Hubei province, October 9, 2006. Photo/China Daily