“Thank goodness….we didn’t know that Big Bird was driving the federal deficit,” Obama said at a Denver rally today.
Romney picked on Big Bird. I expected him to tackle Jim Lehrer and cut off his hair.
My fav comment I saw on the debate was from Dan in Texas:
My summary of the first debate:
Biggest loser: Lehrer, who has lost all credibility totally. Absolutely incompetent as a “moderator”.
Overall winner: Obama.
Biggest asshole: Rmoney, who first smashed the debate rules, like the total asshole he is, and kept interrupting like he had paid for this, so he could trash-talk, override, and interrupt the “moderator” and the President whenever he liked.
I agree Dan, especially about how rude Romney was and I can’t stand this look of his…
My rating: Romney won the debate, Obama had the facts on his side, and Lehrer sucked. Next debate, get @SethMacFarlane to host! – Bill Maher Tweet
- Dick Cheney: Obama Administration ‘Involved In A Cover-Up’ On Libya Attack
- Syria: Rebels Ambush Army Minibus In Damascus Suburbs, Kill 21 Elite …
- Turkey Approves Possible Further Action Against Syria
- Unrest grows in Iraq amid freefall of currency
- Purported Saddam aide: Iraq’s invasion helped Iran
Three Minnesota National Guardsmen who pulled Iraqi civilians from the burning wreckage of a two-van collision and helped them get care have received the Army’s highest award for noncombat valor.
THE BIG QUESTION FROM LAST NIGHT’S DEBATE: Do you really want poor Jim Lehrer at the mercy of private insurers? – LOLGOP
- Romney goes on offense against subdued Obama in first debate
- A GOP Operative Long Trailed by Voter Fraud Claims
- Florida opens criminal probe into voter registration firm
- Todd Akin’s abortion provider comment boosts McCaskill in polls
- Ohio Republican Party reaches settlement to resolve complaint that it lied in …
- Ad Watch: Republican ads mislead voters on changes to Medicare
- Palin praises Romney, warns Obama camp ‘won’t go down without swinging’
- Bristol Palin Thinks Her Mom Sarah Is ‘Way Hotter’ Than ‘Game Change’ Star …
- KitchenAid Apologizes for Offensive Tweet about Obama’s Grandmother
The city council here in L.A. voted 11-2 to overturn the ban on medical marijuana dispensaries. It’s great news for the thousands of people who suffer from fake back pain, fake neck pain, and fake sleep disorders – Jimmy Kimmel
Why did the Republican Party hire a voter registration firm with dubious ties? Duh.
…Back in 2004, a Sproul company earned a reported $8 million for voter registration drives before George W. Bush’s re-election.
The company was also accused of misleading potential voters and of destroying applications from Democrats in several states. During a congressional hearing years later, it was pointed out that not only did Bush’s Department of Justice fail to thoroughly investigate those accusations, but that Sproul was a guest at the White House at Christmastime.
- Exclusive: President Obama Considered Putting Osama bin Laden on Trial if …
- Obama/Romney debate is most-tweeted event in US political history …
- Lehrer’s debate moderation mauled by critics
- Democrats show gains in Senate, House still tilts Republican, polls say
- Authorities charge 91 in $430 million Medicare fraud
- Rare meningitis cases at 26 in 5 states, 4 deaths
I Hope This Debate Is More Colorful Than Last Night’s Debate
While the debate in Denver might affect the future of the country, it in no way matches the next great debate, the so-called “Rumble in the Air Conditioned Auditorium,” set to take place Saturday between “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart and Fox News Channel prime-time host Bill O’Reilly, at least according to Stewart.
“A new survey found that over 35 percent of Americans actually plan on voting before Election Day. Not for president of the United States, just for ‘Dancing With the Stars.’” –Jimmy Fallon
- Oil up two percent on Syria, refinery fire lifts US gasoline
- PRECIOUS-Gold hits 11-month high after ECB; $1800 in sight
- Jobless claims up by 4000
- Retailers Say Sales Slowed in September
Your Government At Work
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday said it has cracked down on thousands of online pharmacies for selling potentially unsafe, unapproved or fake pharmaceuticals, including the erectile dysfunction drug Viagra and antiviral Tamiflu.
“In Arnold Schwarzenegger’s new book, he says his first clue that the housekeeper’s son was his was when the boy started looking like him. His second clue was when he was the only Mexican kid with an Austrian accent.” –Conan O’Brien
I hope you had a good time firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you, Jon!
- Montana dad watches wife give birth to twins via Skype, iPad from Iraq
- Bizarre Species of Miniature Dinosaur Identified
- Second gator found in NY supermarket parking lot
- Blue and green honey makes French beekeepers see red
- ‘Ruined Spanish Fresco Monkey Jesus’ costume makes rounds on Internet
- New Orleans prosecutor arrested after joint falls from his pocket in court
Time To Deflate Photo
A girl cries as a massive hand approach to her during the Human Body Parts performance on a street in Seoul, South Korea, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012. The performance is part of the Hi Seoul Festival which runs from Oct. 1 through Oct. 7. Photo/Lee Jin-man