Facing a fury of calls from his own party to drop out of the Missouri Senate race–and a 5 p.m. (CT) deadline to do so–embattled Republican Congressman Todd Akin released a new campaign ad early Tuesday
“Are you excited about Paul Ryan? He’s a far, far-right ideologue. The Republican base loves him. He’s kind of an English-speaking version of Sarah Palin.” –Bill Maher
- Top U.S. general’s aircraft damaged by rockets in Afghanistan
- Iran unveils new missile, starts air defense site
- Iran war could cost Israel economy $42 billion: report
- Bomb team sent to Dublin’s Israel embassy in false alarm
- Russia warns West over Syria after Obama threats
- NYPD: Muslim spying led to no leads, terror cases
President Barack Obama warned Monday that he would consider military force if Syria’s Bashar Assad either tries to relocate his regime’s arsenal of chemical and biological weapons or attempts to use them on his own people in a bid to crush an uprising that could topple him from power.
“Paul Ryan wants to dismantle Medicare as we know it, cut way back on unemployment benefits, raise taxes on the middle class, give much bigger tax breaks for the rich people. Or as your idiot brother in law puts it, ‘Finally someone who cares about me.’” –Bill Maher
- Todd Akin faces 5 pm deadline to get out of Senate race as GOP waits
- Who is Mrs. “Legitimate Rape”? Meet Todd Akin’s Wife, Lulli
- NJ’s Christie Calls Republican’s Rape Remark ‘Asinine’
- Bacon found at NY Muslim celebration probed as possible hate crime
- Together again, Romney and Ryan rail against Obama in New Hampshire
- Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan Turn Medicare Attacks Back on Obama
- Rudy Giuliani Refuses to Back Down on Criticism of Joe Biden
- Mormon, Bible-Belt states are top givers to charities: report
Legitimate Rape Believers Alive and Well In Missouri
A poll conducted and released on Monday found that U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who’s under fire for his comments about “legitimate rape,” still has an edge over Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill in Missouri’s Senate race.
Gutless Little Twerp
Facing a firestorm of criticism over his comments about “legitimate rape,” Missouri Rep. Todd Akin canceled a scheduled interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan on Monday. And in what’s becoming something of a trend on cable news, Morgan opened his primetime show with a shot of Akin’s empty chair, calling the embattled Republican Senate candidate a “gutless little twerp” for cancelling the sit-down.
“This ticket is supposed to be so anti-government and pro-business. Paul Ryan has been in government his whole life, practically from kindergarten. You know what the only business experience Paul Ryan guy has? As a teenager he drove the Oscar Mayer Wienermoble. A Republican inside a wiener. Usually it’s the other way around.” –Bill Maher
- Obama: Not my job to convince folks I’m a Christian
- Obama Campaign: Paul Ryan Pick Is Already A Flop
- Obama crashes first-ever kids’ state dinner
- Emanuel, Kaine among Dem convention speakers
- Arizona, immigrants’ attorneys to spar in court over police stops
Obama Got Osama. Get Over It.
President Barack Obama on Monday shrugged off an ad by a political action committee founded by a former Navy SEAL that accuses him of improperly milking the death of Osama bin Laden for political gain.
“I don’t take these folks too seriously,” Obama told the Virginian-Pilot newspaper.
“Why is everything so off limits with Mitt Romney? We can’t ask him about his taxes, we can’t ask him about Bain Capital, his business for 25 years, we can’t ask him about his religion. How can a guy who is such a boring cypher have so many secrets? It’s like waterboarding Ryan Seacrest.” –Bill Maher
- Oil prices rise above $96 amid broader market gains
- Dow index trading above 4-year high
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Boosts Barnes & Noble Sales, Narrows Loss
- Best Buy Net Slumps on Sales Mix Woes
- WLPA Drops Penn State Broadcasts
If Abortion Was a Money Making Business, Republican$ Would Support It
Amid the controversy over Republican Rep. Todd Akin’s comments on “legitimate rape” and abortion comes word that the Republican Party platform will again call for outlawing abortion without specifying an exception for cases of rape or incest.
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” — John Kenneth Galbraith
Hurricane to Attend GOP Convention
Weather experts have their eye on storms that could affect the Republican National Convention next week, which just so happens to be peak hurricane season for Tampa, Fla.
“Scientists must explain how it’s possible that the tiny island country of Jamaica can at the same time possess all the most stoned people in the world and all the fastest people in the world.” –Bill Maher
“A new study found that about one percent of the U.S. population is allergic to gluten, while the other 99 percent are sick of having to hear about it.” –Jimmy Fallon
Legal Defense and Food Fundraiser
Last donation was on August 16,2012
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For the AHNC menfolk viewers
- Pa. woman, 72, robbed twice in a single day
- Program using homeless puppies to curb panhandling draws ire of PETA
- Dogshaming: a new blog to showcase your dog’s bad behavior
- Does bacon-flavored Coke really exist?
- Filming of porn movies to halt during syphilis probe
- The evolution of the universe in a short video
Time To Deflate Photo
Dancers in traditional costumes take a break before a parade at the annual carnival in held in honour of the Virgin of Asuncion, in the colonial city of Granada, some 28 miles (45 km) from Managua, Nicaragua on August 18, 2012. Photo/Oswaldo Rivas