After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.
As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney’s running mate told ABC’s Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.
“Thank you for coming out on a hot day. The heat has not let up here. It was 109 today in Los Angeles. I was sweating like a Medicare patient at a Romney-Ryan rally.” –Jay Leno
- Seven U.S. troops among 11 dead in Afghan helicopter crash
- Another Afghan police attack kills 2 US troops
- Iraq officials: Over 90 dead in Thursday’s attacks
- Israel’s Peres against any solo Iran attack, trusts Obama
- Islamist group claims rocket attack on Israel’s Eilat: SITE
- UN monitors quit, saying Syrians choose ‘path of war’
- China’s Hu gives show of support for North Korea
- Appeals process begins for American imprisoned in Nicaragua
- Missouri mosque destroyed by mysterious fire gets donations
- Pussy Riot found guilty for stunt against Putin
- Border patrol spends big to go after drug smuggling ultralights
Iran Ayatollah Threatening Israel, Again
Israel is an artificial “outgrowth” in the Middle East that “will disappear,” Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said ahead of rallies on Friday against the Jewish state and supporting the Palestinians.
Today is National Relaxation Day. Today’s the day when you can just check Facebook and not think about work, just like every other day here in America. I feel like between the medical marijuana, the massage chairs, and the Sleep Number mattresses, we’re relaxed enough.- Jimmy Kimmel
- Is the Family Research Council shooting a hate crime?
- For my birthday, Paul Ryan gave me a chili dog, I gave him a Medicare question
- Romney defeats Obama in roach race
- Approval of Congress falls to all-time low
- Conservative, gay rights groups spar over shooting
- Liz Cheney focused on 2012, backing Romney
- Sarah Palin Wants Barack Obama To Replace Joe Biden After ‘Chains’ Comment
- Grammer: My Republican Views Cost Me Emmy
“Donald Trump says he has a big surprise in store for everybody at the Republican National Convention this year – a surprise he says people will love. So apparently he’s not going.” –Jay Leno
Obama to Romney: Release 5 years of tax returns, and we’ll shut up
Looking to keep the pressure on Mitt Romney to release more tax returns, President Barack Obama’s campaign offered the Republican a deal on Friday: Release five years of returns, and we’ll shut up about
- Poll: Obama holds slight Wisconsin lead after Paul Ryan pick
- Obama camp: ‘Hail Mary’ Ryan pick like ‘Sarah Palin and Dan Quayle’
- Plaque marks Chicago site of Obamas’ 1st kiss
Watching the Elephants in the Room
GOP convention to include some digital firsts…The other major components include a customized YouTube page where the RNC intends to house live-stream coverage; real-time social Web data analysis; and infographics and photos.
Subject: Vine Deloria
May things be going better with you.
I found your quote by Vine Deloria to be genuinely heart-warming.
Deloria was a remarkable person: historian, spiritualist, political leader, activist, lawyer, but mostly a true modern warrior committed to the well-being of his own and all people. Against all odds, he would never give up.
I found his book, _Red Earth, White Lies_ to be especially illuminating, bringing to me a fresh perspective on science and rational thought. He was a brilliant human being.
Thanks for posting it.
Thank you for writing, John.
Vine Deloria strikes me this way: Men who find peace in themselves find peace in the world. With truth, comes peace.
Example: GW Bush always looked uncomfortable in his own skin and look what he did to the world.
In my humble opinion, Native Americans, be it in North America or here in Central or South America have one common bond, their love and respect for the land.
You might enjoy this 500 year old Honduran joke I heard the other day, from a wise Mayan Indian from Roatan.
Christopher Columbus arrives in Honduras. He sees the curious natives gathering on the shore and goes to greet them, so the natives thought.
Instead, Columbus, talks to the natives as though they are dumb, shouting and screaming at them to bring him gold. The natives knew what Columbus wanted but just stared at him while he was ranting, “Bring me everything you have that is the color yellow like gold,” as he showed them a banana from a nearby tree.
The next day the natives show up with carts filled with bananas. Columbus blows his top and screams, “That is not what I want, what else do you have for me?” The natives pointed to the hill where cartloads of yellow pineapples lined their way to the shore. Cursing the stupid natives and taking as many bananas and pineapples he could, Columbus got back on his ship and sailed away.
As one of the natives watched the ship sail away, he said, “And Columbus thinks we’re the stupid ones.”
And they all laughed and went back to mining their gold.
- Oil Prices at 3-Month Highs – Can the Rally Last?
- Fed hawks make case against further easing
- Obama better for world economy: poll
- White House studying potential oil reserve release
- White House Offers States $470M for Roads, Bridges
- Time, CNN reinstate Zakaria after plagiarism review
A Male Birth Control Pill?
A hormone-free drug tested in male mice might someday prove viable for men who want their own birth-control pill, according to new research.
Legal Defense and Food Fundraiser
4 days until court
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Email me @ email@example.com
- Jerry Sandusky Is Writing a Book
- Ex-Penn State officials in Sandusky case want perjury charge dropped
- Snow in August? It’s steamy now, but forecasters see a big winter coming
- Cops: Tot left at NY beach after day care outing
- Teacher Accused of Having Group Sex With Students on Video
- Brooklyn bar owner accuses police of draining his liquor stock
- Ukrainian commission wants to ban ‘gay’ SpongeBob and Teletubbie ‘losers’
Time To Deflate Photo
Chameleon-like robots inspired by octopus
Scientists at Harvard have recently begun developing soft robots inspired by creatures such as the octopus, that can squirm through obstacle courses unfit for rigid metallic robots, and change color to camouflage or signal its presence.
A colored soft robot quadruped walks at approximately 131 feet per hour.