In 2005, Paul Ryan explained that he often looks to Ayn Rand’s novel “Atlas Shrugged” as inspiration for his views on monetary policy. “I always go back to, you know, Francisco d’Anconia’s speech, at Bill Taggart’s wedding, on money when I think about monetary policy,” he said in a speech to the Atlas Society. So what are Ryan’s views on this front? And what do they have to do with Ayn Rand?
“Remember the Republican debates we had this year? They applauded for the idea of letting a sick man without insurance die. Herman Cain got cheers for saying he’d electrify the border fence. They booed a gay man serving his country in the military. No wonder 14-year-old boys can do your act, you act exactly like 14-year-old boys. There’s no ideology here. It’s just about being a dick.” – Bill Maher
- Afghan suicide bombers kill 28 people, wound more than 70
- Afghan meeting with jailed Taliban leader denied
- Iran says foreign help for quake area now welcome
- Russia Slams New US Sanctions on Iran
- Three dead in shooting near Texas A&M University
Skydivers Didn’t Get Shot Down
A pair of skydivers say strong winds blew them off course on Sunday, causing them to land inside a high-security U.S. Navy submarine base in Georgia.
“Vote for me. I’m not a liar. I’m not a thief. I’m not a whore.” – Roseanne Barr
The 1928 Republican Convention opened with a prayer. If the Lord can see His way clear to bless the Republican Party the way it’s been carrying on, then the rest of us ought to get it without even asking. – Will Rogers
- VP Pick: Despite Low Initial Polls, Republican Strategist Says Romney Campaign Is ‘Ecstatic’
- House Republicans sue Attorney General Holder over gun probe
- Todd Palin On ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ And Other Palin TV Appearances
- GOP activists vs. veterans in Wis., Fla. primaries
- Christie to deliver GOP convention keynote
Latinos are Republican. They just don’t know it yet. – Ronald Reagan
Isn’t This Encouraging Mass Shootings? Of Course It Is, It’s A Republican!
Samuel ” Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher is not politically correct and he’s proud of it. And to prove it, the Ohio Republican congressional candidate told a crowd of about 125 supporters in Arizona that the government should “put a damn fence on the border going with Mexico and start shooting.”
Ayn Rand Lover Gets Heckled
Republican Paul Ryan got a taste of the rough side of a presidential campaign on Monday when protesters heckled him and President Barack Obama accused him of blocking emergency aid to drought-hit farmers.
The difference between a Republican and a Democrat is the Democrat is a cannibal they have to live off each other, while the Republicans, why, they live off the Democrats. - Will Rogers
- Obama: Ryan ‘standing in the way’ of help for farmers, ranchers
- Hailing Mars rover landing, Obama tells NASA if Curiosity finds Martians, ‘Please …
- Wildfires threaten homes in several western states
- Washington Post joins Zakaria suspension party
- Penn State receives accreditation warning
- Penn State trustees back president on NCAA action
- Penn State banks on BNY Mellon executive to fix reputation
Mars Rover is starting to send back pictures. After studying photos taken by the robot, scientists saying that mars resembles California. Both have large mountains, little water, and the possibility of hidden aliens.- Conan O’Brien
- Oil prices rise amid supply, Iran concerns
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes developing advances in hydraulic fracking
- Empire State Building Expects Income to Double in Three Years
- White House hopeful on renewal of wind tax credit
- China signals strong support for decaying North Korea economy
Just a few years after Chinese companies lined up to sell shares on Wall Street, a growing number are reversing course and pulling out of U.S. exchanges.
The term ‘serious actor’ is kind of an oxymoron, isn’t it? Like ‘Republican party’ or ‘airplane food.’ – Johnny Depp
Legal Defense Fundraiser
6 days until court
Thank you Steven!
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Please email 24/7 me at email@example.com
- China’s response to 2012 Olympics: American physique tough to beat
- CIA Declassifies Amazing 1972 Spy Satellite Capsule Deep-Sea Rescue
- Deputies: Fla. woman, adult son stole $2M in toys
- Holy Herpetology! Burmese Python Found With Record 87 Eggs
Time To Deflate Photo
Syrian refugees look out from a bus, as one flashes a sign, upon their arrival at a stopover facility for breaking fast near the Turkish border town of Reyhanli in Hatay province August 10, 2012. Photo/Umit Bektas