Mitt Romney’s not just treading water, he’s underwater when it comes to personal favorability as the clock ticks down to Election Day.
According to the results of a new ABC News-Washington Post poll out this morning, 40 percent of Americans view Romney favorably while 49 percent unfavorably. That means Romney has been “underwater” in 10 consecutive polls this year.
Keep talking, Mitt, please.
Love the GOP’s immigration stance. Holding Obama responsible for failing to pass the very legislation they blocked in the Senate. Like the Inquisition jailing Galileo for failing to properly convince them of heliocentrism. – Will Durst
- US Navy rescues 10 Iranian sailors in Gulf of Oman
- Syrian rebels withdraw from key Aleppo district
- Syrian refugee camps swell as frustrations rise
- Afghan soldier fires on NATO troops: ISAF
- Taliban threaten to kill Pakistani cricket star
- US starts landmark Agent Orange cleanup in Vietnam
- Thousands of Costa Rican farmers march on capital for lower property taxes
North Korea’s “Let Them Eat Cake” Moment
North Korea’s young first lady has been pictured sporting what appears to be a Christian Dior handbag, in stark contrast to widespread shortages elsewhere in the impoverished nation.
- Romney still faces conservative doubts as convention approaches
- Romney says Obama, allies perpetuating lies in ads
- Republican governors group puts $1.5M into Mo.
VOMIT ALERT: Nudist Republican In Florida Breaks Barriers For Conservative Naked People Everywhere
Until recently, Jeffrey Goldmacher was just another Republican running for local office, a bald, mustachioed fellow promising to “streamline government” and cut spending. Now, thanks to an attack flier mailed to voters in his Orlando-area district, Goldmacher has become a true pioneer: An openly nudist conservative.
I don’t try to describe the future. I try to prevent it. – Ray Bradbury
- Women still favor Obama, but mothers less so
- Bill Clinton calls Romney’s welfare claims ‘not true’
- Team Obama to Romney: Hey, how ’bout Gingrich or Michele Bachmann as VP?
- After fire, Joplin mosque raises half its rebuilding goal
- Antonio Villaraigosa: Sarah Palin More Qualified Than Marco Rubio
Jersey Shore’s Pauly D reportedly made $11 million last year. The lesson here is: Kids, don’t stay in school. It’s a huge waste of your time. Drop out now.- Conan
- Oil Steady as US Jobless Claims Fall, Dollar Rallies
- Home Prices Rise in 75% of US Cities in Second Quarter
- US drought drives up food prices worldwide
- Google’s self-driving car logs 300,000 miles without an accident
- FTC Fines Google $22.5 Million Over Safari Privacy Charges
- Facebook demands First Amendment protection for the like button
A German Olympic diver did one of the worst dives ever and got a score of 0.0. He tried to save face halfway through the dive. He yelled “cannon ball.”- Conan
“An American judo fighter was expelled from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana. Officials became suspicious when he kept stopping the match and saying, ‘What are we fighting for, man?’” –Conan
Legal Defense and Food Fundraiser
11 days till court
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Please email 24/7 me at email@example.com
Last donation was on 8-7-12
- Penn State Trustees Seeking to Appeal NCAA Sanctions
- NASA’s ‘Mohawk Guy’ gets galaxy of marriage proposals
- Animal lovers pony up $100,000 for Madonna tickets
- Billboards with dummy on noose shock Vegas drivers
- Israeli scholar completes mission to ‘fix’ Bible
- Massive meteorite crater found in Canadian Arctic
Time To Deflate Photo
LIFE.com presents the most wonderful and, in some cases, the most thoroughly bizarre science and technology photos ever to appear in the magazine.
Feb 01, 1949 – A long exposure view of a Sikorsky S-51 helicopter on the ground at Anacostia Naval Air Station in Washington, DC in 1949. The striking “Slinky shape” is produced by light reflecting on the rotor blades and leaving a trail in the night sky. Photo: Andreas Feininger/Time & Life Pictures