An analysis by a top government scientist says the extreme heat and drought seen in the U.S., Europe and other regions in recent years must be global warming. Specifically the study by NASA scientist James Hansen blames climate change for last year’s drought in Texas and Oklahoma, the 2010 heat wave in Russia and the 2003 European heat wave that led to tens of thousands of deaths.
The Romneys have a horse competing in the Olympics. Ann Romney’s horse failed to win a medal in the dressage event today, which is a shame because if there’s one thing that family needs, it’s more gold.- Conan
- Yemen: Toll from al-Qaida bombing rises to 45
- Israel had intel on attack that killed 16 in Egypt
- Officials: 2 attacks kill 4 policemen in Iraq
- Syrian TV says prime minister has been fired
- Riot leaves an Egyptian village without Christians
- Sikh temple shooter identified as Army veteran Wade Michael Page
- Hillary Clinton visits Nelson Mandela at home
- Hillary Clinton swarmed by bees in Malawi
- Hiroshima marks 67th anniversary of A-bomb attack
- 7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.; Officials Believe ‘White Supremacist’ Behind ‘Domestic Terrorism’
CyberWar on the News
Reuters News said one of its Twitter accounts was hacked on Sunday and false tweets were posted, mainly related to the current armed struggle in Syria.
Funny how people who haven’t seen Mitt’s tax returns are calling Harry Reid a liar, while John McCain, who has seen them, isn’t. – Mrs. Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian
Iranian Connected Bank MAY Get Boot
A rogue Standard Chartered Plc banking unit violated U.S. anti-money laundering laws by scheming with Iran to hide more than $250 billion of transactions, and may lose its license to operate in New York State, a state banking regulator said on Monday.
- Romney looks for August reset
- Romney, Republicans again outraise Obama in July
- First GOP convention speakers announced
- Republicans deliver ‘You Didn’t Bake This’ Obama cake
- Could GOP endorse hiring illegal workers?
- O’Connor Not Surprised at Roberts Decision
- Reince Priebus: Sen. Harry Reid Is a ‘Dirty Liar’
- Tea party focused on coming GOP Senate primaries
The Rivers Haven’t Turned to Blood But Dried Up
Thousands of fish are dying in the Midwest as the hot, dry summer dries up rivers and causes water temperatures to climb in some spots to nearly 100 degrees.
By Don Davis
- Obama embraces health care law after court ruling
- Obama ‘deeply saddened’ by shooting at Sikh temple
- Thousands of fish die as Midwest streams heat up
- Oklahoma wildfire crews helped by cooler temperatures
Nice Monday for Obama
President Barack Obama flies to Connecticut on Monday for a star-studded fundraiser at movie mogul Harvey Weinstein’s sprawling estate in Westport. The event means about $2 million for Obama’s campaign—and traffic disruptions and beach closings, plus a surge in overtime pay for the town of some 26,000 people.
In America today, there is a much longer waiting period for discussing guns after a tragedy than buying guns before it. – Mrs. Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian
- Oil edges up on equities strength, weak dollar
- Best Buy founder submits bid to buy the company
- Bernanke says economic data masking average Americans’ struggles
- MasterCard Files Appeal on Card Fees With EU’s Highest Court
Marijuana Brownies at the Olympics?
American judo fighter Nicholas Delpopolo was expelled from the Olympics today for failing a drug test, which he said was caused by mistakenly eating something that had been baked with pot.
A former U.S. Olympic swimmer in an interview said that nearly all elite competitive swimmers pee in the pool regularly. So apparently I am an elite competitive swimmer.- Conan
Legal Defense and Food Fund
14 days until court
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Please email 24/7 me at email@example.com
Thank you Ramesh!
- ‘Touchdown confirmed’: NASA rover Curiosity lands on Mars, beams back photo of …
- Fat? We are fit. Get over it, say women athletes
- Sean Penn joins Chavez on campaign in Venezuela
- Chronic ‘butter flavoring’ exposure linked to harmful brain process
- Wife of Man Accused of Faking His Death Fears for Her Life
Time To Deflate Photo
This “fire rainbow,” or iridescent cloud, was captured in a photo taken over South Florida. Photo/Ken Rotberg / WPTV