Wow, abortion may cause suicide? Does this mindthink apply to Eye Doctors? Imagine if it did.
South Dakota can require doctors to warn women seeking abortions that they face an increased risk of suicide if they go through with the procedure, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
Welcome to the Dark Ages.
- Bomb kills five in Pakistan market
- Islamists want no-booze policy for Egypt diplomats
- Gaza Christians fear for future of tiny community
- US plans $4.2 bn Patriot missile sale to Kuwait
- China dubs tiny island new city in sea claim bid
- US slams deteriorating human rights in China
Obama Wants Tougher Background Checks
In his broadest remarks on gun control yet in the aftermath of the mass shooting at a Colorado movie theater, President Barack Obama called late Wednesday for tougher background checks designed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill...
“A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals — that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities,”
In Little Havana, Miami, Screaming Will Begin in 3…2…
Cuban President Raul Castro said Thursday that his government is willing to mend fences with bitter Cold War foe the United States and sit down to discuss anything, as long as it is a conversation between equals.
By Don Davis
- Laura Bush: I think George makes an easy target
- Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ bill passes the House
- Romney goes to Europe, causes international stir
- Romney clarifies: Expects Olympics ‘to be highly successful’
- In Texas Senate runoff, Tea Party seeks another upset
- GOP stalwart Don Young blasted for endorsing a Democrat in Senate race
- Jeb Bush says he personally urged Romney to pick Rubio for VP
Olympics can inspire American kids to get active. Or it can inspire American kids to sit on the couch and watch the Olympics. – Conan
Romney has set a new Olympic Record, he insulted the host city, London, hours after arriving. Here’s their response.
Yeah, Utah was and still is in the middle of nowhere. Great British response with a twist, Cameron.
Here’s What Happens When You are Uninsured in America
Some of the victims fighting for their lives after being wounded in the movie theater shooting rampage may face another challenge when they get out of the hospital: enormous medical bills without the benefit of health insurance.
- Boston mayor’s letter to Chick-fil-A: Stay out of Boston!
- Protest over California police shooting turns violent, 24 arrested
- Midwest drought worsens, food inflation to rise
Pulling a Boehner
In a letter dated July 18, more than 100 GOP lawmakers asked House Speaker John Boehner (OH) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (VA) to stop “any legislation” from coming to the floor that would fund the implementation of the Affordable Care Act — potentially leading to a government shutdown. Congress must pass a funding measure before October 1 to keep the government running, yet a majority of Republicans are willing to risk a shutdown in order to take away coverage from more than 30 million Americans and increase the deficit by more than 100 billion.
By Don Davis
- Oil down as US supplies swell, SKorea growth slows
- Exxon Mobil quarterly profit rises 49 percent
- Three companies accused of dodging customs fees by sneaking goods into U.S
- Apple wants billions from Samsung in patent fight
Mitt Sides With the NRA
Mitt Romney rejected calls for new gun laws in the aftermath of last week’s movie theater shooting in Colorado, insisting new legislation would not have prevented the tragedy
To answer yesterday’s question: Is anyone out there?
Yes, Jerry is. Thank you, Jerry.
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Please email 24/7 me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crowds flock to Virgin ‘miracle’ tree in New Jersey
- Austrian admits making up story to get rid of snake
- Underage Wash. boy tattooed with 6-inch dragon
- Man Reunited with Wallet Lost at Bottom of Lake 15 Years Later
- VIDEO: Woman Screams at Hubby’s Highway Accident Prank
- 4 window washers rescued at Las Vegas Strip hotel
Time To Deflate Photo
An artist pays tribute to the 2012 London Summer Olympics
A London bus that has been transformed into a robotic sculpture by Czech artist David Cerny is assembled in front of the Czech Olympic headquarters in London July 22, 2012. The bus, which Cerny hopes could become an unofficial mascot of the London 2012 Olympic Games, does push-ups with the help of an engine powering a pair of robotic arms and the motion is accompanied by a recording of sounds evoking tough physical effort. It will be parked outside the Czech Olympic headquarters in London for the duration of the Games. Photo/Marika Kochiashvili