Former Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno and other top university officials acted with “total disregard” for the children sexually abused by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky because of their fear of “bad publicity,” a report by the university’s internal investigation said today.
The report was released at the conclusion of the investigation led by former FBI director Louis Freeh…
I wonder if the Penn State students are made of the right stuff to tear down Paterno’s statue, or do they put football above the raping innocent of children?
No wonder Paterno died so quickly.
Will the NCAA shut down their football program at Pedo State? Was Jerry Sandusky the only pedophile they were hiding for 14 years? Will their enrollment drop?
Lawyers, start your engines.
This story has legs. Long legs.
Thanks, Joe Pa.
In a new interview, Mitt Romney said he doesn’t know where his financial records are because he doesn’t manage them. Yeah, he would have said more, but he had to give a speech on why he’s the perfect guy to fix the economy.- Jimmy Fallon
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,900
- Pakistani Taliban attack police compound; 9 killed
- Abductors kill seven coal miners in Pakistan
- Hamas militant killed, 2 hurt in Israel Gaza strike
- Syria envoy to Iraq defects, calls on others to follow
- Iraqi mullah faces new charges in Norway
- China, U.S. seek to calm South China Sea tensions
- Bin Laden’s Driver Freed from Guantanamo
Better Visit the Barrier Reef Before It’s Gone
Environmentalists say the nation’s unprecedented resources boom, which will see some US$500 billion pumped into gas, oil and mining projects in coming years, has come at the cost of the environment.
The United Nations has warned the Great Barrier Reef is at risk, while some scientists say it may already be too late to save it due to surging levels of shipping, offshore gas and oil exploration and port expansion.
- Romney, GOP howl over Obama’s remark about Hugo Chavez
- Boos, Bain And Bank Accounts: What’s Romney’s Next Move?
- Will Donald Trump Show Up At The Republican National Convention?
- Yeah Rick Perry Will Spend $25 Million Renovating Governor’s Mansion, Wanna Make Something Of It?
When Congress, with an approval rating of 8%, holds someone in contempt, wouldn’t that mean 92% of the American people don’t? – Will Durst
Whoops. Romney Worked at Bain Longer Than He Claimed
Romney has repeatedly said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. But according to the Boston Globe, Bain’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission say Romney remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” until 2002.
The House of Representatives voted for the 30th time on healthcare. For the 30th time they voted it down again. Who says these guys aren’t doing stuff, huh? – David Letterman
By Don Davis
- Biden to offer rebuttal to Romney at NAACP
- Jesse Jackson Jr. being treated for ‘mood disorder’
- Mississippi’s last abortion clinic stays open — for now
- Congress considers prosecutions of reporters over leaked information
Senators McCain & Reid want to regulate boxing. Of course, boxing officials worry government intervention could cheapen the sport. – Will Durst
Still Fighting the Losing War on Drugs
Federal prosecutors have filed civil forfeiture actions against an Oakland medical marijuana dispensary that bills itself as the world’s largest, as part of a crackdown by U.S. authorities on California’s massive cannabis trade.
A high school in Indiana is requiring every student to buy an iPad instead of using textbooks. That’s nothing. In China they require every student to MAKE an iPad instead of using textbooks.- Jimmy Fallon
- Oilprices fall to below $85 a barrel in Europe
- Gold to Hit $2000 on Fed Easing: Merrill
- Team USA to be decked out in uniforms made in China
- SpongeBob, Snooki, Jon Stewart go missing from DirecTV
President Obama said Gov Romney wants to be Out- Sourcer in Chief. So now, I imagine Romney is preparing a scathing response through his spokesperson in Bangalore. – Will Durst
The War on Women Continues: This Time It’s Not the Republicans Doing It
A growing number of medical researchers say more than 8 million women are at risk of difficult-to-treat bladder infections because superbugs – resistant to antibiotics and growing in chickens – are being transmitted to humans in the form of E. coli.
Best Buy just announced plans to lay off 600 Geek Squad employees. In response, Geek Squad employees were like, “Phew, good thing I already live with my parents.” – Jimmy Fallon
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolling Stones celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bob Dylan’s Guitar May Have Been in NJ Attic
- ‘Toe-besity’ Surgery on the Rise
- Man accidentally eats steel bristle during BBQ
- Indiana father admits strapping kids to car hood
- Egyptian Couple Arrested for Smuggling Baby in Luggage
Time To Deflate Photo
Artist paints photographic portraits
Contemporary painter, Alyssa Monks, 35, creates realist images that could easily be mistaken for photographs–using filters such as glass, vinyl, water, and steam, Monks “distorts the body in shallow painted spaces.” She has exhibited in Germany, Greece, Australia, and the United States, and taught painting at the New York Academy of Art and the Lyme Academy of Fine Arts. Monks currently lives and paints in Brooklyn, New York. This painting is called ‘As Is’ (2011). All images are courtesy of the artist.