Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens leveled new criticism on Wednesday against the court’s landmark 2010 ruling on campaign financing, saying it had allowed corporations to ramp up spending and non-voters to influence the outcome of elections.
Mitt Romney believes marriage has been between one man and one woman for 3,000 years. Except of course, for 110 years ago when his grandfather moved to Mexico to practice polygamy. Then it was one man and five women. – Will Durst
The World-Is-a-Safer-Place-Without Saddam
- Bomb attacks in Iraq kill 18 people, wound 53
- Suicide car bomber kills 5 police in Afghanistan
- U.S. tourists freed unharmed in Sinai: security source
- Report: Chavez’s cancer has ‘entered the end stage’
- Australia: No sign from US of Assange indictment
Graphic by: Rev. Steve Hammond “The Gatekeeper” - Evening Show Host – 97.5 WONE
Be Careful What You Google
Social networks like Twitter and Facebook are among the thousands of sites monitored for suspicious activity by the Department of Homeland Security, and the government agency was recently forced to tip its hand. As part of a freedom of information request made by watchdog group Electronic Privacy Information Center, DOHS recently published a list of hundreds of words and terms it watches for on social media sites. Some are obvious, such as Al Qaeda, terrorism and domestic nuclear detection
- ‘Fox and Friends’ airs 4-minute anti-Obama video that looks like a political attack ad
- Condoleezza Rice endorses Romney
- Romney Rebounds Among Women, While Obama’s Favorability Slips
- RNC Says a Tuesday Walker Win Means ‘Lights Out for Barack Obama’
“Mitt Romney pledged this week (that) if elected president, he will drive down unemployment to 6% or lower before the end of his first term. Well, it’s easy enough to do; all he has to do is re-hire the people he already fired.” –Jay Leno
When the Bible Fails….
A “serpent-handling” West Virginia pastor died after his rattlesnake bit him during a church ritual, just as the man had apparently watched a snake kill his father years before.
Subject: Bush portrait, etc.
I don’t know if MAD magazine still exists, but the Republicans could save a lot of money if they tacked a picture of Alfred E. Newman on the wall instead of brain-dead Bush.
Why doesn’t someone admit that the coffers for Social Security were robbed by the Republican several times in the past. I am 81 years old. I was born and grew up during the last depression. The only President I knew was FDR. There was no welfare. There was the WPA and CCC. The guys that worked on those projects were the first to go at the beginning of WWII. Now people are rewarded for having as many kids as possible. They have new cars, HD television and better food than I can afford.
I joined the Air Force in January of 1951. I thought about being a career man until September of 1954 when I left the AF on an early release program. I didn’t realize until 2 weeks after I got home there was an obligation of 5 more years in the active reserves. I was discharged when I fulfilled that obligation. I went to an art school in Boston and stayed there for 6 years after that. I saw no future in pursuing the career in art and returned to Vermont. I retired at 62 and have hung on until now. No increase in the social security benefits or retirement.
Thank God that my wife worked for the state of Vermont. We would be without health insurance and a substantial increase in her benefits.
My family has lived in VT since 1768… in the same town.
Thank you for writing me JAT.
Al Gore wanted to put Social Security Funds in a “lock box” while George W Bush wanted to invest SS funds in the stock market. Gore was ridiculed by the media. That lock box sounds pretty good now.
Republicans could care less about SS recipients. What is sad, is the people who should know that, don’t.
Wow, JAT, 244 years of family history, how wonderful in such a beautiful state.
Keep fighting the fight or the Republicans will win.
Rock the Voter
- Polish prime minister demands Obama address Nazi gaffe
- Retired justice says campaign finance ruling made cash king
- Healthcare costs to rise 7.5 percent in 2013: report
- The John Edwards Trial Has Officially Become a Joke
How Dare The Government Do Their Job!
Cattle farmers complained on Wednesday that a federal agency is “spying” on their operations by flying airplanes over Midwest cattle feedlots to see if they are complying with clean water regulations.
“Pollsters found out that when you ask people on a cell phone who they’re supporting, overwhelmingly it’s Obama. When you ask on a landline, it’s Romney. By the way, Romney also has the support among voters who refer to the coffee pot as the percolator, and the clicker to change the channel.” –Bill Maher
- Oil near $88 amid European financial turmoil
- Greek Exit Could Lead to Massive Euro Reversal
- Older Americans learn new trades in tough jobs market
- Drug Cartel Barbecues U.S.-Owned Potato Chip Company
Walmart Says Adios to Conservative Nut Group
Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s No. 1 retailer and the biggest seller of firearms in the United States, is dropping out of a U.S. conservative advocacy group that has been a lightning rod over voting and gun laws.
“And they say they’re not going to make the same mistake as they did last time. They’re going to do a much more thorough job vetting than McCain did with you-know-who. They said this time they’re going to ask probing questions like, ‘Can you read? And ‘How many fingers am I holding up?’” –Bill Maher
Please consider giving a few dollars if you enjoy my work. Click the donate button below.
- Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway
- Houston Waiter Gets $5K Tip to Replace Car
- Russian millionaire throws paper planes made of money into crowd
- Woman says kangaroo ‘stalked’ her for two days before attacking
- Drug dealer mistakenly sends officer text messages
Billboards run by General Motors in Detroit, Michigan.