WASHINGTON – Republicans will have to drop their insistence on retaining tax cuts for the rich and plans to reshape Medicare before there can be a bipartisan deal on controlling federal deficits and averting a wide-scale tax increase in January, the Senate’s top Democrat said.
What?!! #MittRomney says HE deserves credit for saving the auto industry? If this guy was any oilier he’d be lobbying to drill himself. – Bill Maher tweer
The World-Is-a-Safer-Place-Without Saddam
- Gunmen attack bus in Iraq, killing 2
- US missiles ‘kill four in Pakistan’
- Pakistani doctor jailed for helping CIA find bin Laden
- White House said to give inside access for bin Laden film
- Saudi signs $3 billion deal with UK for BAE Hawk trainer jets
- Saudis pledge $3.25 billion in aid to Qaeda-hit Yemen
- Egyptians vote in first free presidential election
- US senators cut funds for Iraq police training program
Uncle Sam may not want you after all.
In sharp contrast to the peak years of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the Army last year took in no recruits with misconduct convictions or drug or alcohol issues, according to internal documents obtained by The Associated Press. And soldiers already serving on active duty now must meet tougher standards to stay on for further tours in uniform.
Shares of Facebook stock dropped from the opening day price of $38 to around $34 today. They say if it drops any lower, Mitt Romney will swoop in and divide it up into Face and Book.- Jimmy Kimmel
- Romney inches closer to GOP nomination with sweep
- Supporter: Romney rakes in $3 million at Connecticut fundraiser
- Sarah Palin skips tea party, backs Orrin Hatch
- Marco Rubio, the anti-Palin, for VP
- Mike Huckabee Grudge Match Heats Up
- Republicans battle each other instead of Dems
Obama Repudiates Comic
President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign on Monday repudiated comic Bill Maher’s description of Mitt Romney’s religion, Mormonism, as a ” cult.”
Maher, a major donor to a super PAC backing Obama, had tweeted “Why even listen to #MittRomney on foreign policy? His entire FP (Foreign policy) experience is 2 yrs trying to brow-beat Frenchmen into joining his cult.” The former Massachusetts governor spent two years in France as a missionary.
A woman who had been married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.
“Of course, madam,” replied the sales clerk, “exactly what type and color dress are you looking for?”
The bride to be said, “A long frilly white dress with a veil.”
The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, “Please don’t take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time – for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean? Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?”
“Well,” replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk’s directness, “I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride. You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our honey moon hotel. My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon hotel that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again.”
“What about your third husband?” asked the sales clerk.
“That one was a Republican,” said the woman, “and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened.”
Rock the Voter
- Reid Blames Tea Party Extremism for Looming ‘Taxmaggedon’
- Alec Baldwin Warns of ‘Lying Thieves In the White House’ If Obama Loses
- Dylan, Albright to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
- 2010 census missed more than 1.5M minorities
By Don Davis
I Love the Scent of Republican Infighting in the Morning
A Republican New Hampshire legislator has apologized for calling a former state GOP official who endorsed his political rival a “stripper” and a “pole dancer,” party members said on Tuesday.
- Oil falls to near $91 as Iran allows nuclear probe
- Putin energy “tsar” named CEO of Russia’s Rosneft
- California Man Commits Suicide Before Foreclosure
- Greek banks to get $23 billion from bailout fund
- Exclusive: Massachusetts subpoenas Morgan Stanley for Facebook
- Republican ‘War on Coal’ Claims Fight Market Reality
Facebook is worth $100 billion. Today it was friended by Greece.- David Letterman
Is Anybody Out There?
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Online donation please click below
I love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saudi prince sues Los Angeles to hasten mansion plans
- Reagan foundation fights back over blood sale
- Comanche Nation makes Johnny Depp honorary member
- South Africa protesters deface Zuma penis portrait
- Notorious ‘mountain man’ arrested in parking lot
- Sweden royal heir baptized as pomp dislodges scandal
- Are sweaty brokers more ethical?
Caleb and Candra Pence tied the knot on Saturday evening in rural Harper County, Kan. But their “I dos” weren’t the only event to draw attention. Two large tornadoes were the backdrop for their wedding photos. The tornadoes steered clear of the Pence wedding.
Caleb’s mother Carla said the images also capture the essence of Kansas.
“It was very classic: boots, jeans, wheat and tornado. You can’t get any better than that for Kansas,” she told KAKE. (Courtesy Cate Eighmey Photography)