President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.
“Police in Fort Wayne, Indiana, arrested a man for allegedly driving three blocks with four young children strapped to the hood of his car. Good to see Mitt Romney spending some time with the family, huh?” –Jay Leno
The World-Is-a-Safer-Place-Without Saddam
- Suicide attackers kill 5 in eastern Afghanistan
- Informant in foiled bomb plot was British citizen: officials
- Suicide bombers kill 55 in Syria capital
- Israel seeks deal with Palestinian hunger strikers
- Yemen airstrikes, raids kill 17 al-Qaida militants
- Iraq PM says Turkish remarks do not show respect
- Egypt seizes heavy weapons from arms smugglers
Putin’ Off Meeting Obama
The White House says Russian President Vladimir Putin is skipping a planned visit to the United States this month for an economic summit and a much-anticipated meeting with President Barack Obama.
“I hate to dampen everybody’s spirit but they busted up another one of these exploding underpants plots. All I can say is thanks a lot, underpants bombers, because now at airport security we have to put our underpants in a tray.” –David Letterman
Colin Powell Verifies What We Already Knew About the Iraq War
The George W. Bush Administration was set on going to war with Iraq even before Colin Powell made his infamous 2003 weapons of mass destruction pitch to the United Nations, writes the former secretary of state in his new book, “It Worked For Me: In Life and Leadership.”
By Don Davis
- House OKs social programs cuts to aid Pentagon
- Shep Smith warns GOP not to be ‘on the wrong side of history’
- John Boehner on gay marriage: Reporters try to get him to talk, fail
- Boehner and Pelosi Clash Over Obama’s Gay Marriage Stance
- Bachmann Withdraws Swiss Dual Citizenship
- Ted Cruz, U.S. Senate candidate from Texas, reports bounce from Sarah Palin’s …
“Apparently Rick Santorum endorsed Mitt Romney last night very late via email. That just makes Santorum one of the 10 million guys ashamed of what he did late last night on his computer.” –Conan O’Brien
Romney Apologies 40+ Years Late
Mitt Romney has apologized for incidents described in a Washington Post story about his prep school years in Michigan. Some of the events include forcibly cutting a boy’s bleached-blond hair and hassling a closeted gay student in English class.
”I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, “Stop! don’t do it!” “Why shouldn’t I?” he said. I said, “Well, there’s so much to live for!” He said, “Like what?” I said, “Well, are you religious or atheist?” He said, “Religious.” I said, “Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?” He said, “Christian.” I said, “Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?” He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?” He said, “Baptist!” I said, “Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist church of god or Baptist church of the lord?” He said, “Baptist church of god!” I said, “Me too! Are you original Baptist church of god, or are you reformed Baptist church of god?” He said, “Reformed Baptist church of god!” I said, “Me too! Are you reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?” He said, “Reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!” I said, “Die, heretic scum”, and pushed him off.” – Emo Phillips.
Rock the Voter
- White House threatens veto of GOP budget bill
- 18-month-old baby pulled from flight, parents interviewed by TSA
- Girl Scouts under scrutiny from Catholic bishops
- Viewing child pornography online not a crime: New York court …
- Prosecution rests in Edwards trial after dramatic testimony
“Rick Santorum gave Mitt Romney his endorsement. So Mitt gets all of Santorum’s delegates and all of his sweater vests.” –David Letterman
- Oil falls to near $96 as US crude supplies grow
- Coconuts, wind and sun to power Pacific nations
- Canada dollar slides on Europe concerns
- US rate on 30-year mortgage hits record 3.83 pct.
- US applications for unemployment aid dip to 367K
Chinese Bank ICBC Is Now In the USA!
The United States opened its banking market to China’s biggest bank ICBC, for the first time clearing a takeover of a US bank by a Chinese state-controlled company.
Subject: Red Ant Swarm after your court date
Just a note, carpenter ants are a symptom, not a disease. They do not cause problems in the wood, they show you that a problems could easily exist. You need to have a human type carpenter check your wall studs for dryrot.
Hopefully, what you have is an inspection team.
My cabina (a one room cabin) is rustico or open air. Ants here are very aggressive, as are many other frightening insects, such as; the giant prehistoric looking grasshopper with sharp barbs on its legs, scorpions and oh, giant frogs/toads? that will chase you. I should also mention the small yellow snake that causes death in under 5 seconds after you’re bitten. To keep everything in check is vigilance. Those ants swarmed….all new babies with wings. They probably moved in my nightstand after the rainy season began a few weeks ago and hatched when I was in court. I’ve dealt with worse in the states…rattlesnakes!
Subject: Your website
I remember in the dark days of the preparations for the Iraq War, you and a few other bloggers were the only source of news. Scary times but you came through.
Thanks for that Jim and thank you for your donation.
Years ago I wrote on this website: “I believe the Internet will make
our earth smaller and peaceful through truth.”
It’s just taking longer than I thought.
Legal Defense Fundraiser #3 and hopefully the f***ing last one
Thank you to Jim and Kathy!
Offline support: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
I love email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Alaska lake monster’ may be a sleeper shark, biologist says
- Vengeful teeth-pulling dentist story deemed a hoax
- Georgia Student Fighting Flesh-Eating Disease After Zip Line Injury
- Time breastfeeding cover sparks controversy
- 70-year-old virgin says she’s finally ready for love
Off-duty police officers march in protest at funding cuts through central London May 10, 2012. Thousands of British police officers planned to join striking border officials and healthcare workers on Thursday in a protest against wage caps, pension reforms and other austerity measures. I wonder if that could happen in the United States. Photo/Eddie Keogh
Don’t forget to leave a comment!