President Barack Obama shook hands with Cuban President Raul Castro on Tuesday as both leaders attended an emotional memorial for the late Nelson Mandela. The moment drew fire from key Republicans, including Sen. John McCain, who likened it to shaking hands with Hitler…
McCain: The sky is falling! Obama shook hands with Hilter and I’m still pissed I picked Sarah Palin.
First Republican who introduces impeachment charges for the handshake gets a “Get out of a primary challenge free” card.- LOLGOP
The World is a Safer Place Without Saddam
- Attacks on Shiites kill 18 in Iraq
- Syria regime closes in on strategic rebel-held town
- Weapons watchdog receives Nobel Peace Prize
REMINDER: You can meet with the Soviet Union and sell arms to Iran. But you can’t shake hands with Cuba.- LOLGOP
Meanwhile, Sarah Palin has just arrived in South Korea for Mandela’s funeral
Celebrating one of his personal heroes, President Barack Obama praised Nelson Mandela as the last great liberator of the 20th century, urging the world to carry on his legacy by fighting inequality, poverty and discrimination.
“Nancy Reagan is for stem cell research because Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer’s Disease. Rush Limbaugh is for drug treatment as opposed to incarceration because he got his ass addicted to drugs. Megyn Kelly on Fox News is for maternity leave after she pushes out a brat. But, not before. Once it happens to Republicans, there’s the empathy gap; they can’t imagine someone else’s circumstances.” – Dan Savage
The aliens had planned to contact us today; then Tila Tequila trended over Michelle Obama on Twitter and they decided we’re not ready yet.- John Fugelsang
The War on Snowballs
A playful snowball fight that got out of control at the University of Oregon has prompted the school to suspend one of its starting football players for the team’s upcoming bowl game and could result in the prosecution of other students.
If you boycott MLK day because he was an anti-war ‘socialist’ then you’d probably better boycott Christmas, too.- John Fugelsang
- Senate Republicans Block More Obama Nominees
- Michigan Republican leader Dave Agema: Gay people ‘want free medical …
- Mark Jacobs, Iowa GOP Senate Candidate: The Way To Talk To Women Is On An ‘Emotional Level’
- Clueless, Heartless, and Gutless: Today’s GOP
Ted Cruz Is A Comic Book Hero Because He Is A Living Cartoon
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! Nope, it’s Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, in coloring book form.
Cruz is the “real life superhero” featured in a new coloring book for kids, “Ted Cruz to the Future,” published by the Really Big Coloring Book company.
Rock the Voter News
- Texas woman, former actress pleads guilty to mailing ricin-laced letters to Obama
- Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
Florida’s Shrinking Voters
Gov. Rick Scott’s latest purge of Florida’s voter rolls is lurching forward, despite the skepticism and outright opposition of many county elections supervisors.
- Oil boosted to near $98 by China, US economic data
- Rising Job Openings Show U.S. Companies Poised to Hire: Economy
- US household wealth reaches high of $77 trillion
- Supreme Court may back EPA on cross-state air pollution
Bernie Madoff News!
Bernard Madoff’s former computer programmers asked for payment in diamonds to continue aiding the con man’s $17 billion Ponzi scheme in 2006 after they became uncomfortable with their role, a jury was told.
North Korea has confirmed that Kim Jong Un has fired his uncle. Unemployment benefits in North Korea include two weeks’ severance and not being shot.- Conan O’Brien
George Zimmerman Gets Another Free Ride!
The leader of a prominent advocacy group for domestic violence victims sharply criticized the recent conduct of George Zimmerman’s attorney, Jayne Weintraub, and expressed concern for the safety of the alleged victim. Rita Smith, the Executive Director of the National Coalition To Prevent Domestic Violence suggested that Zimmerman’s girlfriend may have been “manipulated” into recanting her allegations against Zimmerman.
The Anti-Christ came to my Christmas party & turned all the wine into water. HATE that guy.- John Fugelsang
Correos de Villarreal
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
NOTICE: US Postage cost to Costa Rica is $1.10 for a regular size envelope, unless you stuff it with more than 10 $100 bills! Then you must pay extra.
Email me @ email@example.com
- Flying deer hits Virginia jogger
- Sock monkey’s toy gun confiscated by TSA
- Uruguay Senate poised to adopt legal pot plan
- Contact Lens Effectively Delivers Glaucoma Medication, Animal Study Shows
- Private Mars Colony Project Unveils 1st Private Robotic Mission to Red Planet
- 200000 people apply to live on Mars
Time to Deflate Photo