Outrage over last month’s shooting death of an unarmed teen in Florida has put a new focus on the state’s “Stand Your Ground” law. The widow of a man shot dead in front of his daughter, says it is a free pass for murder.
The candidates are choosing their Secret Service code names. Why do they tell us? You’d think that should be secret. – Jay Leno
The World-Is-a-Safer-Place-Without Saddam
- US Wants Iraq to Block Iran Weapons Sales to Syria
- Afghan commander says he needs solid force in 2013
- Clinton allows US military aid to Egypt
- Hijab-wearing policewomen cause stir in Lebanon
- 19 detainees flee north Iraq prison
- EU slaps sanctions on Assad’s family; mortars hit Homs
- Austrian bishops slam Saudi cleric call to destroy churches
- US intel: water a cause for war in coming decades
“This is America. We must defend the principles symbolized by Lady Liberty – unless she’s on the pill, in which case, she is a giant green tramp.” –Stephen Colbert
From the Division of Possible Future Crimes
Undercover NYPD officers attended meetings of liberal political organizations and kept intelligence files on activists who planned protests around the country, according to interviews and documents that show how police have used counterterrorism tactics to monitor even lawful activities.… “This was a program designed to determine in advance the likelihood of unlawful activity or acts of violence.”
- Karl Rove misquotes Bill Clinton in WSJ op-ed attacking Obama campaign film
- GOP’s claims about Obama puzzle environmentalists
- The night I spent with Sarah Palin
- House Votes to Kill a Medicare Cost Panel
- Bachmann owes $1 million in campaign debt
- ‘Stand your ground’ Florida law has troubled history
Florida Has Had Crazy Republicans for Decades
In 1981, while serving as a city commissioner, Cox attracted controversy when he suggested pouring Kerosene in trash cans to prevent the homeless from rummaging for food. Although he later said that he has meant to say bleach, as he did not want to kill anyone, “his comment captured for many the official attitude toward the scruffy souls whose presence marred the city’s image”.
“Rick Santorum wants to ban pornography. That’s one of the few thriving industries America has left.” –David Letterman
Rock the Voter
- Obama: ‘If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.’
- Obama taps Jim Yong Kim for World Bank
- Insider trading ban sent to White House
- Govt to keep info on Americans with no terror ties
Knock Me Over With A Feather
As the only Republican Congressman at a rally for the Equal Rights Amendment on Thursday, Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.) gave women an unexpected piece of advice: Give your money to Democrats... “I think these are very precarious times for women, it seems. So many of your rights are under assault,” he told the crowd of mostly women.
- Oil jumps on Iran export report
- Cessna to build business jets in China
- Electric cars risk losing green sheen in Japan
- Bank of America starts foreclosure rental program
- Facebook warns employers not to demand passwords
Obama’s Website versus the Funky Four
According to a recent Nielsen analysis, President Obama’s campaign pulled in more unique voting-age visitors than the four remaining Republican candidates’ sites combined throughout January.
A man in Oregon said his snow globes started a fire after he left them in the sun for too long. Fortunately, his wife wasn’t injured because she left him when he started collecting snow globes. – Jimmy Fallon
Thanks Sam for topping the $2300 mark!
Thanks for your support!
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, AL 36312
Online donation via PayPal please click below
- Kim Kardashian Gets Flour Bombed, Keeps On Working
- Again? Edwards denies bombshell
- Chinese ‘gangster’s’ alleged cell phone pictures going viral
- Minnesota Teen Can’t Bring Porn Star to Prom
- Space probe finds a water ocean on Saturn’s moon
A 45-foot paper airplane from the Pima Air and Space Museum is raised by a helicopter before it is launched over the desert in Eloy, Arizona March 21, 2012. One of the world’s largest paper airplanes, designed by renowned engineer Art Thompson, was launched to encourage youth interest in aviation. Photo/Joshua Lott