What happens if Romney loses Michigan next week? Some are saying it could mean the Republican Party needs a new candidate to take on President Barack Obama. Here’s POLITICO’s list of 10 people who could jump into the race (or be tapped as the GOP standard-bearer at a brokered convention):
- Jeb Bush…
The GOP isn’t just scraping the bottom of the barrel, they’re squeezing the goo from between the slats that leaked out of the bottom of the barrel. – Will Durst
The World-Is-a-Safer-Place-Without Saddam
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,771
- Rapid-fire attacks across Iraq kill 50 people
- Britain to push for ‘stranglehold’ on Syria regime
- Syria not responsible for journalists’ deaths: ministry
- Wife Admits: Slain Iranian Nuke Scientist‘s ’Ultimate Goal Was the Annihilation of Israel’
- Iran protests to UN over Israel ‘war game’ campaign
- McCain urges Libyan militias to join national army
- Riots over Quran burnings kill 5 in Afghanistan
- Farmers Furious After Iraq Stops Buying US Rice
Obama Apologizes for Quran Burnings
The Afghan president’s office says it has received a letter from President Barack Obama formally apologizing for the burning of Qurans at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan.
It’s been reported that Mitt Romney’s campaign is spending cash twice as fast as they’re earning it. Hey, it turns out he is just like us after all.- Conan
- Haley Barbour Tells ABC News, ‘Somebody Else Might Get In”
- US Republican rivals clash in crunch TV debate
- Santorum suggests Romney and Paul conspiring against him
- Santorum: Satan Comments in 2008 ‘Not Relevant’ Today
- FACT CHECK: Errant claims on auto bailout, taxes
- Sarah Palin’s Allies Take Pre-Emptive Strike At ‘Game Change’ Movie
Aborted Attempt by a Republican!
Virginia’s Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell on Wednesday abruptly shifted his stance on a hotly-contested bill requiring women seeking abortions to have an ultrasound, asking lawmakers to revise the legislation just before a scheduled vote.
By Don Davis
Rock the Voter
- Michelle Obama: Not-so-secret campaign weapon
- Obama spokesman on rising gas prices: GOP remedies rely on ‘magic solutions’
- White House unveils plan to protect online privacy
- Newark mayor: NYPD misled us on Muslim spying
Wow. Religious Pharmacists Have More Birth Control Rights Than Women
A federal judge ruled on Wednesday that Washington state cannot require pharmacists to dispense emergency contraceptives if to do so violates their religious beliefs.
U.S. District Judge Ronald B. Leighton declared the state regulation unconstitutional because it trampled on pharmacists’ right to “conscientious objection.”
- Oil stays above $106 despite US crude supply jump
- Boston.com Gas price surge: Up 10% this year
- US unemployment aid applications at 4-year low
- Target’s 4Q profit declines 5.2 percent
- Is Anyone Going to Want Google’s New Glasses?
Oil prices jumped to well over $100 a barrel, and analysts say it’s due to tension in the Middle East. So, luckily, it’s just a temporary thing. – Jay Leno
The Merchandising of Obama
The president who uses a Blackberry really wants you to buy an iPhone case. Or four.
It’s not just any iPhone case: It’s a $40 model from the Obama campaign’s vast and growing online store, an increasingly important weapon in the cash war for public office.
Taco Bell plans to start selling tacos made out of nacho cheese Doritos. Their goal is to create Mexican food that’s totally unrecognizable to the Mexican people. – Jay Leno
Please Support All Hat No Cattle
Offline donation: Lisa Casey ~ PO Box 88 ~ Ashford, Alabama 36312
- Nepalese man, 72, claims to be world’s shortest
- Illinois family shocked by $100k electric bill
- Michigan family discovers rarest football card collection in …
- Monster lobster caught off Maine coast
- Paris Hilton Wins $30K in Vegas
- Fugates of Kentucky: Skin Bluer than Lake Louise
This photo, released by mining giant Rio Tinto on February 22, shows a 12.76 carat pink diamond — the largest of the rare and precious stones ever found in Australia. Named the Argyle Pink Jubilee, the rough stone was found at Rio’s pink diamond operations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia and would take 10 days to cut and polish in Perth.