Conservatives said Sunday the flap surrounding President Barack Obama’s birth control mandate was far from over, with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell saying he’ll push to overturn the requirement because it was another example of government meddling.
“Mitt Romney lost all three of the primaries. Today, he begged Donald Trump to take back his endorsement.” –David Letterman
- Al Qaeda leader backs Syrian revolt against Assad
- Ahmadinejad: Iran to reveal new nuke achievements
- U.S. Navy: Iran prepares suicide bomb boats in Gulf
- US admiral says forces prepared to confront Iran
- Chinese envoy visits Tehran for nuclear talks
- Islamist militants execute three men in south Yemen
- Egypt: Tribesmen kidnap 3 Korean tourists in Sinai
- Afghans fret flight of hard cash a sign of things to come
- Bin Laden told children ‘live in peace in the West’
Yep. GOPer Loves Confederate Flag
West St. Paul City Council member Ed Hansen has a Confederate battle flag hanging off the back deck of his house and says “it’s cool.”
Others, including the city’s mayor, have a different opinion of the flag, which is visible off busy Butler Avenue and to visitors at nearby Thompson Park. Written on the flag is the word “redneck.”
“There’s really no reason for anyone to drop out of the race. If you wind up in fourth place, you become a regular contributor on Fox News. You come in third, you get your own show on Fox News.” –Jimmy Kimmel
- Krauthammer: Israel ‘will strike’ Iran to ‘prevent a second holocaust’
- Mitt Romney wins narrow victory over Ron Paul in Maine’s Republican caucuses
- Santorum plans aggressive strategy against Romney
- Rick Santorum Says Mitt Romney Is ‘Desperate’; GOP Contest Will Be ‘Two Person Race’ By Marc
Yep. GOPer Loves the Confederacy
A [Republican] New York state senator and his wife were attacked and beaten at a Seneca Nation casino hotel in Niagara Falls after the lawmaker tried to break up an argument between two men, one of whom accused him of hating the Indian tribe…
“It was a big setback for the Mitt Romney campaign. Even the very poor said they felt bad for him.” –David Letterman
Is Fox News Next to Be Arrested?
British police on Saturday arrested five senior members of staff at News Corporation’s flagship newspaper The Sun, the company said, as part of investigations into alleged payments to police by journalists for information.
- New Book Envisions Oval Office Meeting Between Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama
- Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’
- WH Chief of Staff Defends Tax Increases in 2013 Budget
- Official: 10 states get ed waiver
In this novel, award-winning journalist Walter M. Brasch slowly and meticulously builds a scenario of greed, corruption, and intrigue, set against the backdrop of social protest. In so doing, he weaves a compelling story of history and contemporary American values between 1964 and 1991, every bit as powerful and timely today as they were more than two decades earlier.
Give the Republicans an Inch, They Want a Mile
President Barack Obama will not make any more changes to the rule announced last week requiring health insurance plans to provide women with coverage for contraception, although U.S. Roman Catholic bishops have said it violates the Church’s religious principles.
“Donald Trump announced he is building a new hotel four blocks from the White House. And with any luck, that will be about as close to the White House as Donald Trump will ever get.” –Jay Leno
- Oil near $100 as Greece approves austerity cuts
- Airlines urge U.N. deal to avert carbon trade war
- Greeks hurl petrol bombs as lawmakers weigh austerity
- As Facebook IPO nears, the case for dull stocks
- AT&T customers surprised by ‘unlimited data’ limit
- As Xi visits, China’s U.S. crop demand a balm for tensions
“A mother in China gave birth to a 15-pound baby. Chinese officials say it’s so big, it can do the work of two babies.” –Conan O’Brien
Thanks to Larry for the graphic!
Presidential Fatherly Duties
Between his many duties as Commander in Chief, President Obama seems to have added a new responsibility to his plate: Coaching his daughter Sasha’s basketball team.
I hope you had a good time today
- Father Shoots His Daughter’s Laptop For Posting a Mean Comment About Him on Facebook
- Texas Woman Induced Labor for Dying Husband to Hold Baby
- China probes “bouncing” boiled eggs
- ‘Gulf of America’ legislation proposed …
- Rapunzel number helps scientists quantify ponytails
- ’5-Hour Energy’ drink inventor revealed to be a Buddhist monk …
- What Falling in Love Does to the Brain
The Guinness World Records adjudicator Rob Molloy and Indian doctor K. Sujatha measure the height of Jyoti Amge, 24.39 inches (61.95 cm), the world’s shortest woman.