…Cheney’s staunch resistance to the Anti-Apartheid Act arose as an issue during his future campaigns on the presidential ticket, but the Wyoming Republican has never said he regretted voting the way he did.
The only decent thing Dick Cheney ever did was not killing the man he shot in the face.
Before the Internet, we’d just have to assume there would be people still willing to say horrible, racist things about Nelson Mandela.- LOLGOP
The World is a Safer Place Without Saddam
- Santorum compares himself to Nelson Mandela fighting against the ‘apartheid’ of Obamacare
- On Middle East visit, Kerry sees hope of progress for Iran, Israel
- Syria: Suicide car bomber kills 5 in Kurdish town
- U.S. VP Biden says no tolerance for nuclear arms in N.Korea
- Nicaragua shootout fuels suspicions of guerrillas
- US tracking billions of cellphone locations worldwide
War On Children of Immigrants: Keep It Classy, Cantor
A group of children calling for immigration reform were forced to leave House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-VA) office on Thursday after Capitol Police officers threatened to arrest them.
In a video posted to YouTube by the group Keeping Families Together, the children are seen in Cantor’s personal office singing: “We want reform, we want it now. We are titanium. Keep our families together. We want reform right now.”
”This is a crazy story. For two decades, the secret launch code for America’s nuclear missiles was 0000000000. Even more amazing, George W. Bush forgot it twice.” –Conan O’Brien
“Do not judge me by my successes. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
― Nelson Mandela
- Republicans see one remedy for Obama: impeachment
- Kentucky Governor To Mitch McConnell: Get Your Facts Straight On Obamacare
- Republican Big-City Mayors Are an Endangered Species
- Rep. Randy Forbes: Deny money to gay candidates
- John Boehner: Republican Party should support gay candidates
- Georgia Republican Who Made ‘Callous’ Pre-Existing Condition Remark Has Pre-Existing Condition …
- Sarah Palin: People might be afraid to ‘start a business’ because Martin Bashir attacked me
You Can’t Teach Old Dogs New Tricks
The National Republican Congressional Committee wants to make sure there are no Todd Akin-style gaffes next year, so it’s meeting with top aides of sitting Republicans to teach them what to say — or not to say — on the trail, especially when their boss is running against a woman.
GOP, should female voter approach, do not be frightened. Puff out your chest, but if she inflates her neck frill, run. – Stephen Colbert
Congresswoman Uses Steak, Vodka, And Caviar To Hammer Republicans On Food Stamp Cuts
“They received almost $200 for a single meal only for themselves. Yet, for them the idea of helping fellow Americans spend less than $5 a day makes their skin crawl.”
Rock the Voter News
- Obama: Mandela ‘took history in his hands’ and wrought justice
- Can you stop the NSA from tracking your location? Nope.
”President Obama spoke today in defense of the Affordable Care Act. He said it’s a disaster and he’s sorry he tried.” –Jimmy Kimmel
Glenn Beck Is Shocked At His Daughter Learning Tolerance At A Catholic College. How Dare She!
Conservative radio host Glenn Beck revealed this week that his own daughter accused him of being “intolerant” about same sex marriage after she left home and attended a Catholic university.
- Crude oil above $97
- Dow Surges 170: Stocks Jump After Strong Jobs Report
- China’s Stocks Fall as Coal Shares Drop Amid Pollution
- Southwest Airlines cutting service to three cities
- For wind power, US extends permit for eagle deaths
- Tough market: 20,000 applicants for only 400 jobs … at Ikea
- Jon Stewart roasts Stu Varney: The Pope doesn’t ‘slap Jamie …
The President Will Protect Our Privacy?
President Barack Obama said on Thursday he intends to propose National Security Agency reforms to reassure Americans that their privacy is not being violated by the agency.
The unemployment rate when President Obama entered office: 7.9%.
The unemployment rate when George W. Bush entered office: 4.2%
After I read this article I thought of the old Twilight Zone episode where an old woman is fighting tiny aliens in her home…turned out those aliens were US Astronauts.
Scientists to Congress: We Have the Technology to Find Alien Life
Correos de Villarreal
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
NOTICE: US Postage cost to Costa Rica is $1.10 for a regular size envelope, unless you stuff it with more than 10 $100 bills! Then you must pay extra.
Email me @ email@example.com
- Enormous alien planet discovered in most distant orbit ever seen
- Rocket roars to life at Vandenberg with secret orbital payload
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser’s daughter
- Elephant wanders around Rome for two hours after circus breakout
- Rancher helps police capture 500-pound pig on the loose
Time to Deflate Photo
A view from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California.
Best wishes for a peaceful weekend.