Tuesday edition - May 27, 2008

 

 

 

 

Rove: Courts will have to decide his subpoena
The Associated Press - May 25, 2008
... Justice Department's prosecution of Alabama's ex-governor and said Sunday the courts will have to resolve a congressional subpoena for his testimony...

 

Poor ticket sales, expected protests scuttle Bush-McCain ...
Bizjournals.com, NC - May 23, 2008
A Tuesday fundraiser headlined by President Bush for US Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign is being moved out of the Phoenix Convention Center

An 'endorsement' that no candidate wants
Los Angeles Times, CA - 5-27-08
Just what the presidential candidates have been waiting for: Cuba's Fidel Castro is weighing in on the campaign. The 81-year-old leader of the Cuban


 

"Jenna Bush was recently married. I understand, as his wedding gift to the couple, President Bush gave them two $600 stimulus checks." --Jay Leno

 



The-World-Is-A-Safer-Place-Without Saddam

 


Gerrymandering, Iraqi Style

 

Iraqi politicians squabbled Monday over a provincial elections law and warned that differences over the bill are likely to delay for at least a month the crucial vote planned for this fall that could rearrange Iraq's political map.

 


 

"McCain, of course, has the nomination sewn up. He's just got to go to the convention. So he's now auditioning candidates for vice president. They will be spending the weekend with him out there at his home in Arizona. I believe it is called  the Rancho Prostateo." --David Letterman
 

 


 

Disturbing News


 

 


Assassination Talk From FoxNews

 

Appearing on Fox News on Sunday, Liz Trotta, a former editor with the Washington Times and reporter for the Chicago Tribune and Newsday, was asked by the host, Eric Shawn, about the Clinton controversy and the 2008 race. This led Trotta to refer to the Clinton misstep.

Trotta, according to video, replied, "And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, uh Obama. Well, both, if we could." She laughed.
 


 


 

 

 

 


 

Republican-Shenanigans News


 

"You know the difference between 'American Idol' and the Democratic primaries? See, they count the votes on 'American Idol' from Florida and Michigan." --Jay Leno

 


For The Man Who Has Everything

 

Members of the Rolling Thunder motorcycling group roared into town for a White House visit Sunday, where they presented President Bush with his own cowhide vest jacket and pushed for increased veterans benefits.

 


 


 


Rock-The-Voter News


 

"Hillary Clinton had a campaign rally in Boca Raton, Florida, yesterday. Afterwards, 30% of the people said they liked Hillary's speech. The other 70% said, it was good to see Florence Henderson again." --Jay Leno

 


 

 

 


 


Biz-Tech News


 

"A group of oil company executives testified before Congress. Oil company executives talking to politicians. I believe they set a record for the most number of lies ever told in one room." --Jay Leno
 


Home Prices Drop

 

U.S. home prices dropped at the sharpest rate in two decades during the first quarter, a closely watched index showed Tuesday, a somber indication that the housing slump continues to deepen

 


 

 


Bush-Prison-Torture News


 

"Dick Cheney gave a commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy. He really enjoyed speaking to the graduates, but his favorite part of the ceremony was water-boarding the valedictorian." --David Letterman

 


Go-F**k-Yourself News

 


 

 

 


Drop That Champagne Glass, You're Under Arrest

 

An East Hampton art gallery owner was led away in handcuffs Saturday after she refused to stop serving drinks at an opening bash for a celebrity photo exhibit. As about 200 startled guests looked on, Ruth Kalb — generally known as Ruth Vered, after her gallery's name — was arrested on a charge of selling alcohol without a liquor license...She said the wine and Champagne were free.

 


ALL HAT NO CATTLE FUNDRAISER

 Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

Offline Donation

Lisa Casey

PO Box 88

Ashford. AL 36312

 


 

Click here to e-mail a comment

 


Odd News


 

 

 

A $175 Hamburger prepared with foie gras at The Wall Street Burger Shoppe in New York May 13, 2008. The Wall Street Burger Shoppe just raised its price from $150 to assure its designation as the most expensive burger in the city as determined by Pocket Change, an online newsletter about the most expensive things in New York.
Photo/Brendan McDermid

 

Peace.