Bush is the happy war president.
"Free elections were
held in Afghanistan. Already, though, there are charges of fraud in Broward and
-- David Letterman
Translator hired by Titan beheaded by insurgents San Diego Union Tribune, CA
Rebels begin weapons handover Seattle Times
Confusion over Iraq nuclear assets BBC News
Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable missile USA Today, United States
Amsterdam-To-Chicago Flight Threatened Newsday, NY
Cheney: Egypt bombings 'looks like' al-Qaeda CNN International -
How safe would you feel, owning one of these babies?
Mount St. Helens hot under the collar Seattle Post Intelligencer
Nine found dead in suspected Internet suicide pacts Mainichi Shimbun, Japan
Court Takes On Commandments CBS News
"President Bush and Vice President Cheney came forward and officially conceded that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction. Feeling the tremendous relief that came from admitting this fact, they also said that there is not a Santa Claus, O. J. did it, and Al Gore has actually been president for the last four years." –- Jay Leno
National Guard's "backdoor draft" faces challenges Seattle Times
"The first debate, they had the podiums. The second debate, at the request of President Bush, it was the town hall format. And also at the request of President Bush, the next one will be the happy hour format." -- David Letterman
'Fahrenheit' is first documentary ever to top $100 million South Bend Tribune, IN
Panel rejects EU's justice nominee International Herald Tribune
Bush's approval rating slipping USATODAY.com
Saudi government bans women’s
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Women may neither vote nor run in Saudi Arabia’s first nationwide elections, the government announced Monday, dashing hopes of ...
Why are the Bushes so close to these male chauvinist barbarians? Is it because the Saudis are compassionate conservatives or because they are a brutal monarchy? Hmmm?
Oil prices punch through $54 mark Houston Chronicle, TX
Drugmakers spend more on dividends than research USATODAY.com
Strong advertising lifts U.S. newspaper giant Toronto Star
Your Boss Is Watching PC World
Don't Click Send! PC World
Held three years by U.S., Saudi goes home International Herald Tribune, France
The Dick Cheney Virus -- So old it only works in DOS.
The Bob Dole (aka Viagra) Virus -- Makes a new hard drive out of an old floppy.
The Ronald Reagan Virus -- Saves your data but forgets where it is stored.
The Mike Tyson Virus -- Quits after two bytes.
The Jack Kevorkian Virus -- Deletes all old files.
The Prozac Virus -- Totally screws up your RAM, but your processor doesn't care.
The Joey Buttafuoco Virus -- Only attacks minor files.
The Arnold Schwarzenegger Virus -- Terminates some files, leaves, but will be back.
AND THE SCARIEST VIRUS IS...
The Lorena Bobbitt Virus -- Reformats your hard drive into a 3.5-inch floppy, then discards it through Windows.
Go-F*** -Yourself News
Cheney rips Kerry, talks God and guns at noisy Ohio rally Cleveland Plain Dealer
Bush claims that Kerry 'misunderstands' terror International Herald Tribune, France
Click here for FLORIDA: The Election Play
Democrats to File Complaint Over Film Critical of Kerry Voice of America, DC
Text of Prepared Remarks by Sen. John Kerry Regarding Energy ... U.S. Newswire (press release), DC
Kerry faults president on energy cost issues International Herald Tribune, France
RECOGNIZING THOSE WHO
This could be the last election where military service has any
political currency. But just for the record, it's worth noting who
really served among the heavyweights in each of the major political
parties. There are some surprises here.
Red type shows those who did not serve in the military.
Blue type shows those who did serve in the military
· Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71.
· David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72.
· Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72.
· Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam Jan.1971 as an army journalist in 20th Engineer Brigade.
· Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam.
· Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, WWII.
· John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V Purple Hearts.
· John Edwards: did not serve.
· Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea.
· Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.
· Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-1953.
· Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.
· Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.
· Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons.
· Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, Bronze Stars, and Soldier's Medal.
· Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star and Legion of Merit.
· Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart.
· Bill McBride: Candidate for Fla. Governor. Marine in Vietnam; BronzeStar with Combat V.
· Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, Bronze Star.
· Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57
· Chuck Robb: Vietnam
· Howell Heflin: Silver Star
· George McGovern: Silver Star & DFC during WWII.
· Bill Clinton: Did not serve. Student deferments. Entered draft but received a 311.
· Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy.
· Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953
· John Glenn: Officer, USAF. WWII and Korea; six DFCs and Air Medal with 18 Clusters.
· Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII. Saved by Raoul Wallenberg.
· Wesley Clark: U.S. Army, 1966-2000, West Point,Vietnam, Purple Heart, Silver Star. Retired 4-star general.
· John Dingell: WWII vet
· John Conyers: Army 1950-57, Korea
· Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
· Tom Delay: did not serve.
· House Whiip Roy Blunt: did not serve.
· Bill Frist: did not serve.
· Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
· George Pataki: did not serve.
· Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
· Rick Santorum: did not serve.
· Trent Lott: did not serve.
· Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
· John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
· Jeb Bush: did not serve.
· Karl Rove: did not serve.
· Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked Max Cleland's patriotism.
· Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
· Vin Weber: did not serve.
· Richard Perle: did not serve.
· Douglas Feith: did not serve.
· Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
· Richard Shelby: did not serve.
· Jon Kyl: did not serve.
· Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
· Christopher Cox: did not serve.
· Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
· Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as aviator and flight instructor.
· George W. Bush: six-year National Guard commitment (incomplete records).
· Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.
· Gerald Ford: Navy, WWII
· Phil Gramm: did not serve.
· John McCain: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.
· Bob Dole: an honorable veteran. Two purple hearts.
· Chuck Hagel: two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star,Vietnam.
· Jeff Sessions: Army Reserves, 1973-1986
· J.C. Watts: did not serve.
· Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.
· George H. W. Bush: Pilot in WWII. Shot down by the Japanese.
· Tom Ridge: Bronze Star for Valor in Vietnam.
· Antonin Scalia: did not serve
· Clarence Thomas: did not serve
Pundits and Preachers
· Sean Hannity: did not serve.
· Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with a 'pilonidal cyst.')
· Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
· Michael Savage: did not serve.
· George Will: did not serve.
· Chris Matthews: did not serve.
· Paul Gigot: did not serve.
· Bill Bennett: did not serve.
· Pat Buchanan: did not serve.
· Bill Kristol: did not serve.
· Kenneth Starr: did not serve.
· Michael Medved: did not serve.
Gee, the Republican leadership is a bit short on military service.
Are you having a good time?
Please support AllHatNoCattle.net
Or send U.S. Mail to:
PO Box 5237
Navarre, FL 32566
Soldiers caught having sex at the Alamo remain jailed Houston Chronicle
Teen Survives for Eight Days in Car ABC News
1,229-pound gourd No. 1 at Peninsula pumpkin weigh-off Oakland Tribune
Fish delivery compliments of Hurricane Ivan in Gulf Breeze, Florida, on September 16, 2004. (Photo:AllHatNoCattle.net)