Tuesday edition - January 16, 2007
AP: Iran gets army gear in Pentagon sale
UN: 34452 Iraq Civilians Killed in '06
Iraq cultivating ties with Iran
Non compos mentis is the only reason we would sell any military weaponry to Iran.
Discuss on the blog
The President and Vice President are making it abundantly clear that nothing can stop their global sodomy. Secure your arses, everyone. -- Grant Gerver, www.seriouskidding.com
Deadly Day in Iraq Leaves 109 Dead Washington Post, DC
Saddam's half-brother beheaded, video shows New Zealand Herald, New Zealand
Iraq executions enrage Sunnis Worcester Telegram, MA
Military members speak out against war
Gates denies US forces will enter Iran
Pakistan army destroys al-Qaida hideouts
Outgoing US Commander Says No Guarantee of Success in Iraq Chosun Ilbo, South Korea
WWMLKD -- Grant Gerver, www.seriouskidding.com
I Love Being KO'd
If he didn't make so much as host of MSNBC's Countdown, Keith Olbermann might be asking some very prominent lawmakers for speechwriting fees. That's because he's becoming the go-to guy for antiwar rhetoric. And, we're told, Olbermann's show-ending "special comments" have been entered into the Congressional Record at least twice.
First King day without Coretta San Francisco Chronicle
Maybe if we give "the new way forward" enough rope, it'll hang itself. -- Grant Gerver, www.seriouskidding.com
Another Crony - Look Out NASA!!!!
second-in-command for the Federal Emergency Management Agency during its
much-criticized response to Hurricane Katrina started a senior job at NASA this
Patrick Rhode, who was chief of staff and deputy director of FEMA under Michael Brown, was hired as a senior advisor to NASA Administrator Michael Griffin on communications issues, NASA spokesman David Mould said.
The hiring of Rhode, a former television reporter who was an advance man for the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign, was made by the White House and Griffin together, Mould said.
Comment on the AHNC Blog
Bush Prepares State of the Union Address Washington Post
Rice is stalled on a road to nowhere
Republican senator won't seek 3rd term Los Angeles Times, CA
Gingrich wants GOP to change strategy Washington Times, DC
“And Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has called for universal health care coverage for all Californians. He came up with this idea while falling down the hill in Idaho, breaking his leg. Nothing like a week of dealing with your HMO to convince you need universal health care coverage.” -- Jay Leno
Election 2008: 19% See McCain as Next President; 17% See Clinton Rasmussen Reports
Although 70% of Americans are against sending in more troops, the President reasons: "I owe it to the other 30%."
-- Grant Gerver, www.seriouskidding.com
By Madeleine Begun Kane
I’ve finally figured out George Dubya’s philosophy: If you can’t solve a problem, make it bigger:
If you can’t solve a problem, expand it.
Demand an enlargement. Command it.
What else could explain
Dubya’s bellicose reign
Of great terror and shame? Please disband it.
Please visit our advertisers and sponsors. They are only a click away.
speaking of oil, the price of oil continues to fall. It’s now dropped below $54
a barrel. Got that? $54 a barrel. So, if oil is less than $54 a barrel, why did
it cost me $62 to fill up my car this morning, huh? I know I’m not using the
whole barrel, okay?” - Jay Leno
Oil Prices Drop Below $53 a Barrel ABC News
Chevron fire belches soot, oil Houston Chronicle
GE to purchase aviation business Los Angeles Times
Apple sues over "iPhony" Monsters and Critics.com
Experts warn of dramatic rise in phishing and ID theft Computing, UK
AOL Offers $900M for Swedish Online Advertising Firm
Of course, "Johnny Mac" McCain stands behind the president. It's called a "neocolonoscopy."
-- Grant Gerver, www.seriouskidding.com
Cell phone cams expose torture Monsters and Critics.com, UK
pro-choice; he's anti-choice; he's multiple choice."
Sen. Edward Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, poking fun at former Bay State governor and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's position on abortion
Jury Selection to Begin in CIA Leak Case Forbes, NY
Major Players in CIA Leak Case San Francisco Chronicle, CA
Did you have a good time today? Please donate to All Hat No Cattle.
Castro Reportedly in 'Grave' Condition Washington Post
NJ pageant winner quits over pregnancy Philadelphia Inquirer
Skull Suggests Human-Neanderthal Link
Cell phone burns in Vallejo man's pocket San Francisco Chronicle
A baby Slender Loris is seen in this undated handout image released by the Zoological Society of London on January 15, 2007. Scientists launched a bid on Tuesday to save some of the world's rarest and most neglected creatures from extinction. With an initial list of just 10, including a venomous shrew-like creature, an egg-laying mammal and the world's smallest bat, the programme will give last ditch conservation aid where to date there has been little or none. (Photo/Zoological Society of London)